cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple MOH's in one script?

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know any tricks how I could have different MOH in different parts of the SAME script using Hold step (instead of Play prompt step)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. If that's what you're after you can use the Trigger Appliation step in asynchronous mode. While you can pass variables to it within the Trigger Application step you need to use a session to retrieve the end result. So, you can trigger the app, play a prompt, and then retrieve the result from a session. The only downsides to this are: a) you can't stop the prompt whenever that application is done; and, b) this step is the least well understood. There were many bugs on it until later in the 7.x releases and even today it can't deal with exceptions properly if run in synchronous mode.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I haven't tried this, but I think this might work.

If you have different call control groups, you can set each group up with a different MOH file.

In your main script, if you want a different MOH to play at specific parts, you can call a subscript that is in a different call control group.  When you call the subscript, use the hold step there, and that should play that specific CCGs specified MOH file.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

The challange with Andrew's suggestion is that you would need to use a Call Consult Transfer or Call Redirect step to move the contact into another trigger, CCG, and application. You cannot use the Subflow step since that would be executed within the existing Java task and by extension the existing CTI Port/CCG. Even if you did one of these transfer steps it's a one-way deal; you can't pull the call back.

I'm sorry to say this but you'll need to use a Play Prompt step.

Hi,

well, there's a subtle difference between the Play Prompt and the MOH steps - the main thread blocks at Play Prompt but it does not with MOH, so using that you can play some tasty tunes to the caller while the script does some important work in the background. One cannot do this with Play Prompt.

This is what I'm missing from CRS scripts, creating multiple threads. But I do understand this might be dangerous.

G.

Ok. If that's what you're after you can use the Trigger Appliation step in asynchronous mode. While you can pass variables to it within the Trigger Application step you need to use a session to retrieve the end result. So, you can trigger the app, play a prompt, and then retrieve the result from a session. The only downsides to this are: a) you can't stop the prompt whenever that application is done; and, b) this step is the least well understood. There were many bugs on it until later in the 7.x releases and even today it can't deal with exceptions properly if run in synchronous mode.

Thanks gents!

Yeah, agree with Jonathan here, any reason streaming MOH from UCCX would not work for you?  Is it codec constraint?

Chris

It would work, but it would use more resources than the hold step.

Hi,

Play Prompt blocks.

MOH does not block.

Like:

Play Prompt (Please_wait.wav) <-- prompt is played

Set retVal = { /* expensive, time consuming operation */ } <-- silence

Play Prompt (Thanks.wav) <-- prompt is played

vs

Play Prompt (Please_wait.wav) <-- customer informed what's about to happen

Put call on Hold <-- music starts playing

Set retVal = { /* expensive, time consuming task */ } <-- music is still playing

Call Unhold <-- music stops playing

Play Prompt (Thanks.wav)

The latter is might be a bit comfortable from the customer's (caller's) point of view IMHO.

The point is: MOH music is tied to the CCG and cannot be changed programmatically.

G.