Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple pg's with same CTIOS

Hi

I have an issue and that is that i have installed 2 new peripheral gateways of generic type and connected these to cucm6 and ivr5. I today have 2 pg's towards ccm4 and ivr4. Also on the existing pg's i have ctios running and only one instance on the system wich is IPCC Hosted 7.2.5.

My question is that is it possible to use the same instance and ctios on the new pg's?

Why i asks this is that the new pg's will be located in North America and the existing ones in Europe. The ones in NA will also have their own ivr's and cucm6.

Can the agents in NA connect to their pg's and still be on the same instance as the one i Europe? I have installed CTIOS and checked everything but it wont connect to each other. CTIServer is ok and so the pg's pims.

If not possible, how will the system be global if i must use several instances within the same customer since they are spread all over the world?

11 REPLIES
Green

Re: Multiple pg's with same CTIOS

Each PG should have its own CTI Server and CTIOS. For high scalability you can have more CTIOS for the one PG, but you are not attempting that.

It sounds like you want to run two different PGs in different theatres connected to two different CUCM clusters. That's fine - ICM supports a large number of different switches/PBX, thinking of the CUCM cluster as a switch.

One instance - many PGs.

Agents in NA connect to the CTIOS in NA, running on the NA PG talking to the NA CUCM cluster. Agents in EU connect to the CTIOS in EU, running on the EU PG talking to the EU CUCM cluster.

What do you mean by "have installed CTIOS and checked everything but it wont connect to each other". Each other what?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

What i ment by that is that ctios cannot connect to each other on the new installed pg's. I always gets connection refused although that all is configured ok, thats why i assume that i cannot have the same instance and the same ctios for these second pg pair as i have for the first pg pair, correct?

How can i make global support teams if i uses multiple instances then? Lets say a servicedesk that is located i eu and one in na and both of these must sometimes must be in same skillgroup or team.

Setting up different pg's for own instances / cicm and ctios is no problem it's just that i cannot se how they will interact with each other if they resids on different cicm's

Green

Let's use some letters and numbers here.

Assume PG1A and PG1B is the EU PG. CG1A and CG1B run on these boxes, as to CTIOS1A and CTIOS1B.

Assume PG2A and PG2B is the NA PG. CG2A and CG2B run on these boxes, as to CTIOS2A and CTIOS2B.

Are you saying that the redundant pair of CTIOS on PG2A and PG2B cannot talk to each other through their heartbeats?

When this happens and the config looks good, the typical cause is the binding order on the LAN cards. Check that the visible is above the private.

Now to your conceptual question. You will have a single instance and two pairs of PGs as above. You will have skill groups on each PG - PG1.ServiceDesk and PG2.ServiceDesk. Your routing script needs to select the best agent from either skill group. You could create an Enterprise Skill Group if you liked.

It seems your background is in the NAM/CICM. I could be missing something here, as your last statement is confusing me:

"Setting up different pg's for own instances / cicm and ctios is no problem it's just that i cannot se how they will interact with each other if they resids on different cicm's"

Regards,

Geoff

I realy preciates this Geoff. I uses IPCC Hosted with NAM / CICM yes.

I will look into the binding order on the network cards since these servers are new installed and could have been overlooked.

It would be really nessecary to use the same instance for one customer globaly.

Will get back with responses tomorrow after looking into the binding orders.

Checked the binding orders and they were incorrect so i changed those and now the conversation between the ctios workes!

Now to my next issue, when i start the cti toolkit agent desktop it reads configuration and seems to be online. When i try to login i gets that the "System is offline, Login will be queued until system is back online".

The ports are opened but they are the same as on the other pg pair and ctios if this could have anything to do with it.

Can you please paste the CTIOS window logs of a failed login attempt. The PID's for CTIOS and the AGENT PG need to be IDENTICAL! (i.e if the CM Agent PG is 5000, CTIOS must be the same). If they are different you will get the results you speak of. Also check hostname resolution, and be sure everything is pinging by hostname if you chose that. Also be sure that you have the CTI Server's set under the Agent PG in ICM Configuration Mangager...

Cheers!

Chad

The pid for CTIOS and the Call manager pim is the same. I do not use hostnames except from the ctisrv that is functioning as it should with failover also.

The last question : "Also be sure that you have the CTI Server's set under the Agent PG in ICM Configuration Mangager" i dont think is for IPCC Hosted since all you do by when adding pg's is to add them in PG Explorer and i have never seen anything about add some cti servers or Agent PG in ICM Configuration manager either.

I will turn up some tracing on ctios and check if i can get some more info about them. I will also request some more firewall openings just to besure that the listening port for the new ctios dont interfer with the existing ones and if that could be the problem. Using 42028 and 43028 today so i will add 42029 and 43029 for the new ctios.

This will not be effective before Friday since there is policies that needs to be pushed out in the corporate network

It looks like the ctios is speaking well now netewwn side a and side b. The only issue now is that i cannot login to ctios with the agent. Attaching screenshot of login popup and also logfiles from ctios.

Configuration of the device have been made exaclty the same for it in cucm6 as in ccm4.

Green

>Configuration of the device have been made exaclty the same for it in cucm6 as in ccm4.

So in CUCM6 you have made an Application User called (say "icmjtapi") and configured them for CTI. That is, you have added the two roles "Standard CTI Allow Call Monitoring" and "Standard CTI Enabled". Then you have associated the phone - added to the Controlled Devices?

It's a little different to CCM4.x

Please check the JTAPI logs. Is the observer really being applied on your extension?

Regards,

Geoff

It's the same user as i have for the cucm pim on the pg. I was missing "Standard CTI Allow Call Monitoring" though so i added this but it's still the same error. I also have these rights to the user. Standard CCM Super Users, Standard CTI Allow Calling Number Modification, Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices, Standard CTI Enabled and Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection.

Where can i find documentation on what rights jtapi user for ie. needs to have?

Anyhow, you asked me to check JTAPI logs, check those on cucm or IPCC?

Checked jtapi gw logs on the pg's and this is the result. Seems to be in order...Devices starting with 84601 is the agent devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content