Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple TransRoute for the same call

Hi,

I have some questions that I would like to ask in this forum. Sure you can help me.

Customer's single site: UCCE - ICM 7.1 (2 servers), CRS 4.5 (2 servers).

-It is my understanding that a single Transroute is necessary to send information from one system to the other and at the same time maintain this info throughout the call.

1) It this implementation, there are multiple Transroute for the same call in the same script. This does not sound right to me.

* Is there any implications by doing this?

* Can reporting be impacted?

* Perhaps, system's performance can be impacted?

* What are best practices in this cases?

Thanks very much for any ideas.

Regards

Maur

2 REPLIES

Re: Multiple TransRoute for the same call

Your right in your understanding; Cisco has a white paper somewhere that talks about how this thing works.

Typically only one trans route node needed in a script, but that can vary based on what the script does.

Translation routing is something people always are confused about, and that's because it is confusing so don't feel alone. Cisco knows it is too. But try to find the white paper if you haven't seen it.

Re: Multiple TransRoute for the same call

If you are routing to the same IVR, you cannot do mulitple translation routes on the same call, at least with my experience with CRS 4.0.4, the call would fail the subsequent IVR treatments in the ICM Script.

If you have a script that is used by both new and transfer calls(ie=calls moving from one one icm script to the next) use a a variable to set a condition that you can check before making a second translation route.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content