Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My IVR

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the CVP to have my IVR.

Which means that i configure a menu for me specifically so whenever i call the IVR i will find my own menu ?

Amer

7 Replies 7

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Yes.  Build a trigger just for you, and have only that trigger activate your IVR script (or menu within a larger script).

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew,

It looks like i wasn't clear.

What i meant is that i am a customer and i am not controlling the IVR , i wanna have the option to build a specific script from the IVR so that if i call the IVR from my number i will get my menu but if other subscriber did so he will listen to his menus.

Amer

As a customer not controlling the IVR, no not really.  Somebody (IVR admin) is going to have to build at least the skeleton of a script in script editor first, upload it to the IVR, build a trigger(s) for it, set variable values, etc.  However once that is done, it is possible to have the customer call in and make some changes to it (record their own greetings to play, change some XML data).  However they won't be able to add or remove from the script (i.e. can't add new menus or menu options), only modify what is already in there (recordings, prompts, etc).

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hello,

Can you please be more specific to what the customer can do to change the menu ?

Does this require CVP reporting server?

Can you please show me where this info available (SRND, admin, etc...)

Amer

Yes, it's possible, specially with CVP.  You would just need have a backend where you can store the properties of your customer's IVR based on their account number or ANI.

david

Hello David,

Can you please be more specific , how exactly does this work and is there any documentation about this.

Amer

I doubt there's any documentation as CVP is so flexible it would be impossible to document everything you can do.  I would get a CVP developer to help you with this as you're going to need a few custom elements like database element and dynamic menu element.

For example, you have 4 menus A, B, C, D and you give the caller an option to pick which menu to hear first.  You will then have to write a database entry with ANI, C, D, A, B.  Then when a call comes in CVP will grab the ANI and check it in the DB.  If it's found, CVP will play the menus in the order they are in the DB.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I know enough CVP to be dangerous, but building this from scratch is outside my comfort zone.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: