Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a way to equally distribute calls between queues for unknown area codes

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCCX 8.0 SR2 installed where my script

is utilizing an XML file with 240 area codes.  The script queries the Calling Number against the retrieved data from the returned data of the XPath.  Therefore, in my script I have set Enterprise data for a variable called "Unknown" for calls that have not been defined by area code in that file which is then sent to a single queue.  My customer does not have a the option to perform percent allocation in the cloud nor are they using Callmanager/gateway to perform this type of distribution since the analyzing of the area code is done at the script level.

I need to find a way to distribute these calls between two queues evenly within the scripting.  For example for every odd numbered "Unknown" call the call is sent to the queue B and every even numbered call is sent to queue A.  How can I script for this in UCCX 8?

4 Replies 4

cndilip123
Level 1
Level 1

What we did is to count the number of calls handled by these CSQs. Then do a MOD by 2 on this "count1" (1 to include the current call) to find if it is even or odd and then send to the respective CSQ.

What is 'MOD' mean?

MOD is the Math MOD function, where you look for a reminder to determine you next step.

where you look for a reminder

Smile.

"Remainder"

Regards,

Geoff