cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need ability to allow both non-UCCX & UCCX to forward primary ext

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement to provide an IVR interface for the users to enable/disable forwarding of their primary extensions to either another internal number or external number but also have the flexibility to not be connected to the corporate network to use the web-based interface to update their single number reach destination list.  I've had discussions with my team in how to do this and we're trying to flesh out using the single number reach and a UCCX script querying an XML document.  We're implementing UCM 7.1.4 and UCCX 8.0(2) and I want to know about front-ending the IVR script with the SNR database to be able to update the SNR fields where the destination numbers are stored as well as enable/disable SNR.  I would say this is similiar to the Follow Me feature of a PBX.  Is this possible?  What are the caveats or gotcha?

Message was edited by: jawilson_1 I've attached 2 XML files I'm thinking of using.  The Users.xml I modified the original layout to mimic the one from discussion '346321'.  The PINList is another iteration.  If I cannot use a single file both for getting the xml data within my script and use it to also upate the Status & Redirect fields then what will I need to accomplish the ability for the caller to update and my script to query the xml data to determine if the extension has been set to enabled/disabled and redirect the call to an external number and stop returning a null value in the get xml step?

5 Replies 5

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

My XPATH issue I resolved yesterday.  After updating the xml

format I chose the following xpath for each string I wanted to return a value for my xptah query which is successfully working:

"/descendant::Redirect/child::User[attribute::item='" + item.toString()  + "']/child::Items/child::PIN"

Jason Hutchinson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem with this is the way calls are handled. It can be done but its not a robust process to present a call to UCCX and then have another element in the cluster to take over and forward that call to another device.  The caveats include, but are not limited to Call stuck in the queue on the RealTime Reports, Supervisor desktop, Abandoned calls reported in the Historical Reports, Agents getting placed in Reserved and not being able to properly change the state unless they close their CAD and log back in, and an overall un reliable call delivery in the case this forwarding occurs.

As per the documentation, it is not supported.  I have provided a link, page number and the explanation for such a configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf

Page 25 of 128

Telephony Support. CAD can be deployed with select Cisco Unified IP Phone models, as described Cisco Unified CCX Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide. However, there are different features available on different phones.
CAD also supports the agent using the Cisco IP Communicator soft phone application running on the same workstation with CAD.
An agent ACD (Cisco Unified CCX) extension is valid only with a single line. An agent ACD extension must not be configured to forward on no answer to a voice messaging system or to any other termination point. Doing so might affect re-routing on ring-no-answer of a Cisco Unified CCX routed call to another agent or back to queue. Agents who need to be contacted directly or who need voice messages should have their phones configured with a second extension (and multiple lines if necessary).
Cisco Unified CCX does not monitor or report on activity on the non-ACD extensions on a phone.
Agents are associated with a specific Cisco Unified Communications Manager extension (directory number).

Whereas this may not be the answer you wanted, does this explain the issues that may be introduced when the configuration is set as you mentioned?

Jason M. Hutchinson

My requirement is to ONLY allow users to forward their non-UCCX extensions and that UCCX extensions is not supported.  Therefore we would not send any calls to the queue to begin with.

Just to clarify, are you wanting the system to sense that when a primary extension is set to forward, that the CAD or UCCX Extension is set to Not Ready?

Jason M. Hutchinson

No I do not.  CAD users have 2 extensions.  The expectation by the CAD users is they would forward their primary extension when they are not in the office but they still want to receive their direct calls.  Customer didn't want SNR or single number reach because of the limitation of remote administration is accessible via a corporate iPhone which all users do not have.  Nor were they interested in EM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: