cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in understanding attached Icm script and create one.

gthakur30
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need help to understand the attached ICM script specific the nodes which i have marked in red (what they are doing and how they work).

Queue to Agent node - Can some point me to a guide or steps, on how to configure this i want to set a Preferred AgentID and route the activity to a same agent.

Thanks,

Gaurav  Thakur.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Take the picture again. Just the Script Editor - not your whole desktop. Looks like EIM routing.

I can see the Call Type node - that sets a call type for reporting purposes and has no effect on the routing. I have commented many times on call types and reporting in UCCE - so just search for my posts if you are curious.

The Queue To Agent is able to queue the activity for the specified agent for a certain time - specified by the wait node. In your case, 1 hour.

Then it overflows to the skill group.

Queue to agent can either be explicit (the agent is selected from a drop-down box) or implicit (as in your case) using either the SkillTargetID or the peripheral Number - depends if the peripheral is set or not. In the implicit case there are strict requirements regarding an Enterprise SG and Enterprise Route - the agent MUST be in the SG that is in the ESG or it will not work.

Queue to Agent can either queue to a logged in agent, or be set to not do that  - in which case it will come out the X.

See the Scripting Guide.

Not sure who is setting the preferred agent.

Can't see the other node. - OK, I had another look. If that is you setting the preferred agent, you need to think through this a bit more.

Regards,

Geoff

Thansk the response Geoff.

I have reattached the script for you. I dont think it is the clear one i have with me, this is a customer issue and i am tryingto replicate it our lab setup. the second node in the script is "Set Variable" what does this do?

Thanks,

Gaurav

That "SET" node appears to be backwards as far as the routing goes - probably for reporting, like the call type.

It says

Set PV5 = Call.Preferred.AgentID

and then the Queue to Agent is using Call.Preferred.AgentID.

So what is PV5 for? Possibly they want that in the PV so it is easily seen in the RCD (Route_Call_Detail) and TCD (Termination_Call_Detail) tables in the database (Logger and HDS).

As I said above - where is Call.Preferred.AgentID being set?

Can you show me a picture of the Queue To Agent node - let's see the properties and whether it has been set to Implicit, and what the ESG (Enterprise Skill Group) and ER (Enterprise ROute) is and whether to queue to logged out agents.

Regards,

Geoff

where is Call.Preferred.AgentID being set? Set PV5 = Call.Preferred.AgentID

Preferredagentid is used in NEW_TASK this is the agent id to whom the activity needs to be assigned.

In other words when a new_task is sent preferred agent is set by CIM. This is required to assign the activity back the same agent (personalised activity assignment).

Looking at the script this can by achived by 'Queue to agent' node, then why is "Set Variable" used, can i remove this node and still the above an be achived?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gaurav Thakur.

Sure. Setting PV5 is just being done, in my opinion, so it can easily be seen in the RCD, TCD records. Why do you want to remove it? Is PV5 normally used for something else? Can you set an unused PV?

Is Call.Preferred.AgentID passed up by CIM the primary key in the agent table? A 4 digit number greater than 5000?

In that case the Queue to Agent will work as long as the peripheral ID is not set - if it is set, Queue To Agent wants the peripheral number of the agent.

What part is not working?

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: