cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to configure call routing from ICM to IVR

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Please help to configure routing calls from ICM to IVR.

I'm new in IPCC and not sure I'm configuring right way...

What I've already done:

1. created some route points ant CTI ports in CM

2. added ICM translation routing application in IVR and associated it with Jtapi user

3. associated Route points and CTI ports with PG an JTAPI users

4. Added translation routes, services, network trunk group + trunk group, labels in ICM

But still I don't grasp exact logic of all's things interaction...

Can anybody explain me, what exactly happens, when call gets translated to "Translation route to VRU" node in ICM script and what should exactly need I configure to successefully route call to IVR.

Correct me, please, if I understand wrong:

call get on Route point associated with PGUser and through Dialed number/script selector get into ICM script, then it gets routing to "translation route to VRU" node where through configured service and transaltion route should be sent to IVR, and here I'm missing some things:

1. what is "Select Min value of" means

2. what exactly and what types of labels need i configure

3. why there are two routes there - "route", configured in service explorer and "translation route" configured in

translation service explore

And what exactly happens:

I put call on Route point, assosiated with calltype and script and receive busy tone, though call tracer says that call get routed through translation route...

Thanks advance,

Alex

System engineer,

Moscow

18 Replies 18

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Now I can send call to IVR (problem was that i misconfigured service/route/labels), but can't get it back to ICM...

ICM script looks like:

start - translation route to vru - run ext. script - wait (3sec) - Queue to skill group - end

I hear IVR's Basic.aef prompt, but call didn't return.., though call tracer, if i'm not wrong, says that it is

May be again problem in labels

Alex

Basically, you have to do this.

Configure DNIS -> Associate it with call type->Associate with script and schedule it. That is done.

Then, in the script, Do a translation route to VRU node with service as the translation route service. Select min value, just set it to 1. You can add formulae in there if needed like for example, you can see how many TR ports are busy etc and use that translation route if only certain # of ports are busy. Likewise, you can add any type of formula in there.

Looks like TR is also working for you since you are going to IVR and playing basicq.aef

The default BasicQ.aef script just keeps looping until you send to an available agent. Unless you have changed the script. It will never reach the End node in the IVr script unless an agent in the skill is free to handle the call.

So, basically in the script, add a queue to skillgroup node, queue to the skills. Connect the pass to the Run VRU script node which is the basicq.aef. Now, the script will be active until the agent becomes available.

Make the agent available and see if the call goes to the agent.

Another way to test if the ivr returns back to ICM is to stop the looping in the basicq.aef, after playing the prompts, just send to the end node and when ICm gets the call, send it to a label - dynamic, and enter in an agent extension in "" for the label. Atleast you can test to see if the call exits the ivr script.

Hope this helps. Please rate posts

Thanks,

please see attached script.

May be I did something wrong...

Alex

sorry, seems no attachment in previous post...

Alex

What the hell, file is not attaching...

Your script is wrong.

Translation route to the VRU

Then Queue to skill group

Then Run ext script BasicQ

Then set up a new Ext script 20s music (this accepts the call, then places it on hold, waits 20s releases it from hold).

then loop this back into the BasicQ exty script node.

DO NOT use wait nodes in IPCC

and don't loop back into the queue to skill group nodes.

Rate the post if it helps please.

Bully

Thanks, does it mean, that i should create new Ext script 20s music from CRA Editor?

Is it the only way to make it work?

Alex

And one more question, please

Why can't I delete BasicQ script from Network VRU Script List?

It says that "cannot delete, because it references by a script", though I changed Run Ext. node in Script Editor

I'd like to change BasicQ script to some other script. May be my problem is that I use BasicQ script?

Though in guides they says, that this script can be cancelled, when agent is ready...

What should I do next, cause I have no idea...

Thanks in advance,

Alex

And I created on more script, and can't understand, why call go to VRU, if agent is ready?...

See, please, attached file

Thanks,

Alex

Difficult to say from the screenshot.

When I script I tend to create a route to skill group node to check if an agent is available. IF an Agent is available then they get the call. If not then I will pass to vru and queue to a skill group depending on the consider if rules set.

To delete a VRU script you need to remove it from all scripts including previous versions (access via script explorer, delete all but current version then delete them from the delete tool in config manager)

I don't have access at the moment but will send you a basic script when I get the chance.

Thanks,

i assume that "consider if" is in "translation route to VRU" properties?

If so, what should i put there (now i have blank field)... May be this is why call is not getting back to agent's phone, when agent ready?...

Alex

Under Device target for the agent extension, did you create a label for the VRU. You will need to create label for the CCM routing client and for the VRU routing client. Without that label, IVR will not know where to send the call.

Please rate posts

Thanks, yes, I did...

And may be should I change type of label to "network VRU" for VRU routing client?...

Alex

For the VRU Label for the Device Target, the label type is Normal. I will take a look at the screenshots sometime later today.

Did you have the agent logged in and ready? and do you see any route errors in the Router Log Error in the ICM Admin workstation