Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Need help with a simple script

I am picking up script maintance from someone who left the company, so please excuse this newbie question. The script in question looks like this:

start

accept(triggering contact)

play prompt(P1)

call redirect(triggering contact, destination)

success

play prompt(P2)

end

Prompt P1 is played and then the call is redirected to the new destination. However, when that phone is answered, prompt P2 is not played so both parties can hear it. What am doing wrong here? I understand that injecting P2's audio into an existing call is something like a "join", but I see no way to do this. Can this be done? Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Need help with a simple script

You will need to create a new contact-type variable and use a Place Call step instead of Call Redirect. Within the success branch of that Place Call step, you can include your Play Prompt step. Both of these must be set against the new contact variable instead of the ---Triggering Contact--- value. Make sure to include a Terminate step following this.

If you want the original caller to hear it as well, you can have a separate prompt played back to the original caller; however, this will not be done in tandem.

That config looks right.  So it seems to me like you didn't specify a dialog group in the Place Call Step.

In AppAdmin, goto Subsystems > Cisco Media and you will find your configured dialog groups.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
6 REPLIES

If I follow, this never worked the way you think it did/should have. After you redirect the call successfully, you can't play a prompt out to the original contact, the party redirected to, or both. You can't join calls from UCCX as far as I know.

Before going into options, what is the purpose of prompt P2? What information is it providing or what information did you want it to provide?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Community Member

Yes, the second prompt does not get played. This script is

intended to be trigger by a PLAR phone. The number it is redirected to is answered by building paging system. In other instances, we have scripts that allow someone to pick up an emergency phone and announce the emergency over the paging system. In this case I need to play a pre-recorded announcement when the PLAR phone is picked up.

Is the correct way to do this to use the script to create a new call to the paging system and then play the prompt or is there another way? It would be desireable for the person picking up the PLAR phone to hear the annoucement as well.

VIP Super Bronze

You will need to create a new contact-type variable and use a Place Call step instead of Call Redirect. Within the success branch of that Place Call step, you can include your Play Prompt step. Both of these must be set against the new contact variable instead of the ---Triggering Contact--- value. Make sure to include a Terminate step following this.

If you want the original caller to hear it as well, you can have a separate prompt played back to the original caller; however, this will not be done in tandem.

Community Member

I just tried the script using a Place Call method instead of Call Redirect. I left the prompt in for the caller. What happens is this:

1) Caller hears the prompt

2) When the prompt completes a call is placed to phone XXXX

3) When I answer phone XXXX, I hear the system default prompt not the prompt given in the script

The script looks like this:

start

accept (--triggering contact--)

play prompt (--triggering contact, P1)

contact = place call( to dest)

success

play prompt(contact, P1)

terminate(contact)

terminate(--triggering contact--)

end

That config looks right.  So it seems to me like you didn't specify a dialog group in the Place Call Step.

In AppAdmin, goto Subsystems > Cisco Media and you will find your configured dialog groups.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Community Member

Thanks everyone! It is working as planned now. I sure wish the Cisco documentation explained this stuff in more detail.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content