Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with CCX script

Andy Ting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am deploying a CCX 7 enhanced version with CME. All we need is a basic queuing system and I can use the script with basic icd and calls can reach to agents through CSQ. However, I'd like to add some functions to the quese so when a user press 9 any time while they are waiting, they will be send to an extension which is the general mailbox. I also enabled MOH by adding two steps - hold and unhold calls which is working fine. The only problem is when calls is being assigned to an agent, we will hear the ringing tone and if that agent doesn't pick up, call will return to the queue and MOH resumes. Is there a way we can only have MOH but no ringing tone? I've went through the script document but it's not very helpful for me. I believe I need to use "menu" to send calls to the VM but still no sure how to do it.

Any help is appreciated !!!

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "at any time" concept has been discussed on this forum many times. Please read some of the postings first. We can clarify any remaining questions.

As for the ringback vs. MoH part, that's an interesting question. With UCM it does exactly what you're asking for; MoH until the agent actually answers. This might be a limitation of the CME SIP integration. I have not done a CME integration so I cannot answer this part definitively.

Thank you Jonathan for your prompt reply. I actually know the concept of this but don't know how to use the CCX editor. For example dequeue or redirect a call to certain extension utilizing meue. I have followed instruction and make the menu input to have 0 retries. I believe I should setup this up by editing the filter and set digit 9 to the extension I want the calls to  be forwarded. It would be great if anyone can just provide a simple script or teach me step by step on how to achieve this.

Regards,

Menu steps will only take a single-digit input. If you want the ability to enter extension or other multi-character inputs, you will need to use a Get Digit String step. The filter tab restricts what digits the step will accept for input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: