Views
Helpful
Replies

need survivality treatment for multiple customer

cindysteels
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

need help to give survivability treatment. we have multiple customer catered by same cube. we have created the different incoming dial peer to receive call from carrier and outgoing dial-peer to send call to cvp. we have 12 customer in our system.

my all customer want different criticalerror.wav file in case of survivability. how can i achive it ?

i.e. customer x : thank you for calling  x . please call us back later (DNIS XXXXXXX)

customer y : thank you  for calling company y. system is upgrading call us back later (DNIS YYYYYYY)

customer z : thank you  for calling company z. system is upgrading call us back later (DNIS ZZZZZZZ)

cheers

cindy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi there, i see this can be done in two ways.

1) I really do not recommend this nor does Cisco, because its unsupported.

you can directly modify the survivability.tcl with 12 different typs with 12 different prompts:

Below are the methods:

#-------------------------------------------------------
# Procedure PlayErrorPrompt
proc PlayErrorPrompt { } {

global incoming

set msg "******* Procedure PlayErrorPrompt ********"
    LogMsg "DEBUG" $msg
    fsm setstate DISCONNECTING_CALLER
    media play $incoming flash:critical_error.wav
}

# Procedure PlayWaitPrompt
proc PlayWaitPrompt { } {

global incoming

set msg "******* Procedure PlayWaitPrompt ********"
    LogMsg "DEBUG" $msg
    fsm setstate RECOVERY
    media play $incoming flash:pleasewait.wav
}

instead of flash:critical_error.wav you can have it play different wav files based on your DNIS, and should be uploaded to flash:

create 12 different service for each number and assign it to your 12 different inbound dial-peers who invokes that 12 different script.

2) If you have voicemail system setup in your infra, simply send them to different voicemail pilots playing different opening greeting.

3) utilize the cloud based platforms like tropo or twilio and send the call from ingress gateway to those platform and can script those platform to play different announcement based on DNIS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi there, i see this can be done in two ways.

1) I really do not recommend this nor does Cisco, because its unsupported.

you can directly modify the survivability.tcl with 12 different typs with 12 different prompts:

Below are the methods:

# Procedure PlayErrorPrompt
proc PlayErrorPrompt { } {

global incoming

set msg "******* Procedure PlayErrorPrompt ********"
    LogMsg "DEBUG" $msg
    fsm setstate DISCONNECTING_CALLER
    media play $incoming flash:critical_error.wav
}

# Procedure PlayWaitPrompt
proc PlayWaitPrompt { } {

global incoming

set msg "******* Procedure PlayWaitPrompt ********"
    LogMsg "DEBUG" $msg
    fsm setstate RECOVERY
    media play $incoming flash:pleasewait.wav
}

instead of flash:critical_error.wav you can have it play different wav files based on your DNIS, and should be uploaded to flash:

create 12 different service for each number and assign it to your 12 different inbound dial-peers who invokes that 12 different script.

2) If you have voicemail system setup in your infra, simply send them to different voicemail pilots playing different opening greeting.

3) utilize the cloud based platforms like tropo or twilio and send the call from ingress gateway to those platform and can script those platform to play different announcement based on DNIS.

I can see option 2 working. You would have to create 12 survivability services, each using the standard TCL file but with different params for the target phone number, and apply to the inbound dial peers - just as Chintan described.

Regards,
Geoff

Couldn't you modify the TCL script to play a dynamic prompt and reduce the amount of code you have to write? For example, play $DNIS_error.wav.

david

Indeed you could. But at the top of the script it says:

# CVP DISCLAIMER
# This tcl script is a component of CVP.
# Modifications to this script not made as part of an CVP release
# nullify Cisco's support responsibility for this script.   The party who makes the
# change assumes responsibility for ongoing maintenance of this script.

Regards,
Geoff

Now now, when has that stopped anyone? :)

david