Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to increase the ring time of UCCX trigger

rajeshpat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

In uccx, customer is requesting to increase the ringing time of trigger 4 times more than a usual time before it plays the prompt. I also made change in directory number page of CTI route point in cucm (No answer Ring duration option) but no use. So please help me on this.

Regards,
Raj

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

At the start of your script simply add a Delay step and delay the script as long as you'd like.

View solution in original post

To be more specific, before the Accept step.  ;)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

At the start of your script simply add a Delay step and delay the script as long as you'd like.

To be more specific, before the Accept step.  ;)

Thanks Jim Johnson and Anthony Holloway. It worked. I placed the Delay at the beginning and set the timeout as 24 sec (1 ring = 6 sec) for 4 rings and it worked. Once again thanks guys. 

Regards

Raj

Fun fact: While in North America, the standard ring cadence is "2-4", or two seconds of ringing followed by four seconds of silence, that's not the case for Cisco's famous Chirp1 ringtone.  On 7900 series IP Phones, this ringtone is "1-3", or one second of ringing followed by three seconds of silence.

If you listen to the default ringtones on Jabber, DX80 or 7800/8800 series phones, then you can forget about "standards," as these ringtones are more like jingles or songs.

I use to keep a chart handy for people who ask me for a specific number of rings, when the system really wants/needs is a specific number of seconds.  Though, I do remind them that we cannot guarantee a specific number of rings.

I never new the exact timings, thanks for sharing.

Co-worked just pointed out to me that the ring time of chirp 1 and 2 (on 8845 phones anyways) is different for external calls.  I've recreated your spreadsheet with that timing added.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: