Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

need to upload device unit License file in an existing CUCM

hy all,

I need to upload license file (device unit) as they are getting extra devices on a site and need to know as to how to do it i also refered the guide but still hav some doubts

1.  When we are getting the license file what MAC address should we give if it is the CUCM publisher's MAC id what is the meaning of ethernet 0 NIC does that mean the network adapter address of the CUCM server.

2.  what is the number i should enter for the no of devices is it just the no of devices being installed newly or should i add the newly installed + already installed.

3.  How do i update the CVP VXML port license i already have some license but need to add extra port license

please help me

Thanks in advance

Regards

P.Vishvak

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

1. Yes, if this is a MCS-based cluster (not VMware) then it's NIC0 of the publisher. The easiest way to check this is the 'show status' command from the CLI. It will show you the MAC CUCM is using.

2. You want to get the maximum amount of DLUs that PAK authorizes you for. The only time you request a subset of the entire PAK is when splitting licenses across clusters.

3. Unknown. I don't know CVP; another person will need to respond here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

hy jonathan,

So just tell me if my understanding is correct

first i need to go to the CUCM server and go to CLI mode and type show status command to find out the mac id and need to give this mac id when giving the PAK id and email id for Device unit license.  so another question is that say i need to add 5 ip phones into my network then when giving the no of devices should i give 5 or 5+the no of devices already in the network.  how do i find the max amount authorised for me by cisco

Thanks in advance

Regards

P.Vishvak

Views
Helpful
Replies