cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need UCCX Script: Recorded prompt & save to default prompt location

Ping Liu
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCCX 8.5.1 installated on UCS, and configured. Just wondering if anyone knows how to use UCCX script to record prompt and save it to default language location please?

We do have UCCX script which can do it in UCCX 7.5 (Windows based), now we need to know how can we do it with UCCX 8.5 (Linux based).

Many thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

... welcome to the beautiful world of UCCX scripting. Hope you already found the three scripting guides ;-)

First, you need at least one variable, of type Document.

Use the Recording step - its result would be the variable created above.

You can decide where to save your new document, containing your recording.

1. UCCX Prompt repository: easiest, but you need a user who has the rights to upload the document to the repository;

2. database - requires some Java programming,

3. Windows share - requires some Java programming.

For 1: create another variable, type User. With the help of Get User,  Authenticate and Upload Prompt steps you can upload the recording to the repository. Like this:

(Yes, I know it's not considered safe to have passwords in scripts.)

As for 2 and 3, I committed two documents some while ago, you can get inspiration from them.

G.

View solution in original post

Hi,

as long as the srcipt runs, the prompt is in the memory, so you don't have to save it as a file.

G.

Hi,

HTTP Error 500 means server error, there must be something really nasty happening behind the scenes.

Did you try to call the URL from a browser? Does it return anything?

This is how I do it:

At IVR 1, I have a prompt management script. The relevant part:

So the usual stuff, I record the prompt and upload it to the local repository of IVR 1.

Next, I trigger a script on IVR 2, actually telling it to download the prompt from IVR1.

The detail of the Create URL Document step above:

So I am actually sending two parameters, "calling" (with the value of "broaaf") and "ivrDirName" with the value of the variable ivrDirName, set earlier.

The URL is pointing to an application at IVR 2, trigger ahpsync12 (similarly, on IVR A, I have a trigger called ahpsync12).

First, it accepts the contact, then harvests the values of the parameters. Next, there is a security check (sort of) comparing the value of the value of HTTP variable "calling" (assigned to local variable woIsItCalling, and if it is "brooaf" then the script continues: creates an URL Document, with an URL of IVR 1, with the directory and file name. The Cache Document step downloads it, and then finally, it is uploaded to the local repository.

In the above example, the file name is static "adhoc.wav", only the directory name changes, but with a little effort this can be changed, too, to have dynamic filenames.

G.

15 Replies 15

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

... welcome to the beautiful world of UCCX scripting. Hope you already found the three scripting guides ;-)

First, you need at least one variable, of type Document.

Use the Recording step - its result would be the variable created above.

You can decide where to save your new document, containing your recording.

1. UCCX Prompt repository: easiest, but you need a user who has the rights to upload the document to the repository;

2. database - requires some Java programming,

3. Windows share - requires some Java programming.

For 1: create another variable, type User. With the help of Get User,  Authenticate and Upload Prompt steps you can upload the recording to the repository. Like this:

(Yes, I know it's not considered safe to have passwords in scripts.)

As for 2 and 3, I committed two documents some while ago, you can get inspiration from them.

G.

Hi Gergely

Thanks for your assistance. I will try it during next a few days. it seems similar to the one we used in UCCX 7.

Also, I noticed that we use Write Document(recordedPromptDoc to TempPromptLocation) in UCCX 7 to save copy of record.

Can we also do it in UCCX 8.5? if so, which location we can write to please?

thanks

Hi,

yes, you can do that in UCCX 8.5, but if you don't mind, I don't want you to write anything to that temporary location. It's just a directory on the file system, for temporary files - temporary meaning write it, read it, forget it. It's not a safe location, not covered by the disaster recovery system (= not being backed up).

The proper way of doing it is:

1. Prompt or Document repository. Safe and fast, excellent solution if you need to access the recording only within the UCCX.

2. Database or a shared directory on a different server: less safe, slower, but the recording files can be accessed easily. 

G.

Many thanks

How is that recording script working for you.. I have UCCx 8.5.1 and a similar need to perform the same task.. Would you share the script files.thx

ljr

it works for me with their help.

if you follow this discussion, you will be able to create your script with your environment varibles. you can not just copy the script. Here are some hits:

In the UCCX server where script runs for recording.

1. Record your prompt:
  2. upload recorded prompt onto local server:
  3. copy prompt over to other server:

when you copy the prompt to other server, you need an URL points to the Cisco Script Application on other server. such as: http://UCCX-B:9080/UploadPrompts

On the other server, you need an UploadPrompts.aef script loaded by 'UploadPromts' cisco script application.

This UploadPrompts.aef script accepts file, then upload to correct prompt location.

Thanks, Gergely

The ideal of this script will be able to:

1. Record a prompt, after completed recording;

2. Provide options: 1) play-back; 2) re-record; 3) Discard recording; 4) Upload;

I was thinking that to be able to allow user to play-back, re-record, and discard recorded prompt, we need to save the recorded file in temporary location first. Once script completed task, we can delete the file in temporary location. for instance:

A: Play-Back --> Upload:     -->   -->

B: Play-Back --> Discard:     -->

We do not need keep temporary file, but we need to confirm the recorded prompt before uploading it. I would like this process is as simple as possible.

Hi,

as long as the srcipt runs, the prompt is in the memory, so you don't have to save it as a file.

G.

Hi

Now, my IVR script works. it records prompt, playback it for check, upload it to save. It works as I want.

This IVR script is working, but it only can upload recorded prompt to the UCCX server it runs. I had read some discussion, but I still want to ask that is there better way to not only upload prompt to IVR server it is runing, but also upload same recorded prompt to second IVR server. Is http trigger the best solution?

By the way, the UCCX version is 8.5.

Many thanks.

Hi, I am afraid, the only solution - unless you want to hack into the UCCX server, which is, naturally, not recommended -, is to call the 2nd UCCX server's application using HTTP trigger, which would, in turn, download the prompt from the triggering server, using HTTP and upload it to its own prompt repository.

I have such a solution implemented in 8.0(x), not sure whether it works in 8.5(x), to be quite honest with you, allowing nonrestricted HTTP access to the prompts looks like a security flaw .

Or, you can explore completely different solutions, like saving the prompt into a database or on to a Window share.

G.

Thanks Gergely

I think the Send/Get HTTP Contact Info will be the one suitable for us.

Send HTTP is easy. I can send my recorded prompt document with it. But:

1. How does the Send HTTP Contact from first UCCX know where to send it to?

2. How does the Get HTTP Contact from second UCCX know where to get it from?

3. How can the recorded prompt document be passed to second UCCX?

do you have sample script which can be shared please?

Hi Gergery

I have read you other artical, and setup URL Document for uploading prompt to IVR B server. I get Java.io.IOException error.Here is my IVR script from IVR A which records prompt and upload it locally. when it reachs Cach Document statement. it pop out this error.

From B site IVR, i have setup application: UploadPrompts linked with UploadPrompts.aef script with http trigger /UploadPrompts

Which part I did wrong please?

Hi,

HTTP Error 500 means server error, there must be something really nasty happening behind the scenes.

Did you try to call the URL from a browser? Does it return anything?

This is how I do it:

At IVR 1, I have a prompt management script. The relevant part:

So the usual stuff, I record the prompt and upload it to the local repository of IVR 1.

Next, I trigger a script on IVR 2, actually telling it to download the prompt from IVR1.

The detail of the Create URL Document step above:

So I am actually sending two parameters, "calling" (with the value of "broaaf") and "ivrDirName" with the value of the variable ivrDirName, set earlier.

The URL is pointing to an application at IVR 2, trigger ahpsync12 (similarly, on IVR A, I have a trigger called ahpsync12).

First, it accepts the contact, then harvests the values of the parameters. Next, there is a security check (sort of) comparing the value of the value of HTTP variable "calling" (assigned to local variable woIsItCalling, and if it is "brooaf" then the script continues: creates an URL Document, with an URL of IVR 1, with the directory and file name. The Cache Document step downloads it, and then finally, it is uploaded to the local repository.

In the above example, the file name is static "adhoc.wav", only the directory name changes, but with a little effort this can be changed, too, to have dynamic filenames.

G.

Many thanks. I will give it a try again tomorrow.

the error was generated when it run Cache Document statement.

will let you know tomorrow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: