Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need your advise

Dear All,

If I need to know the benefits and comparison beteen Cisco new and prior release (as the customer asked) to be showen, actually I need to present this and stress on all benefits for the new over prior

Is there anyone guide me with the documents expain such comparision? Is there accepatble presentation from Cisco for such kind of proposals? where to find it, meanwhile I need specific versions like;

CUCM 7 over CCM 4.2

CVP 7 over 3.1

ICM 7.5 over 7.2

I need to be organized and if there is recommendation from Cisco, I searched in many documents, design, release notes but don't get such comparision

Appreciate to get your support as usual,

Regards,

Mohamed Gheta

4 REPLIES

Re: Need your advise

Sounds like you're working on a sales preso, have you contacted the Cisco sales team, I'm sure they have bundles of information which you could use.  Additionally, look at the product sheets for each release and it should have some high level talking points (max calls, OS, hardware, etc.)

david

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your valuable input, but actually there is key accounts and need to meet tmorrow to discuss that, that is why I tried to speed up the process

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Mohamed

Green

The most sensible answer is to be on the latest for the simple reason is that's where Cisco have their focus. You want to be on the right train. It's hard to support many different versions, and with the upcoming release of 8.0, you would not want to be on two releases back.

Consider UCCE 7.2. The last SR was SR7 - it came out in November of 2008. There has not been one since, and there never will be one (most likely). There are over 100 Engineering Specials on this code base.

Contrast with UCCE 7.5. The last SR was SR7 on Dec 2009.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks so much for you input, really appreciate it, actually I get back to SRND and release notes and finally I got good comparision, the session already done successfully

Thanks so much and have a nice day,

Regards,

Mohamed Gheta

Views
Helpful
Replies