Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network MOH in UCCX

Hi,

I am using UCCX 8.5 with CUCM 8.6.

The network MOH file which i was using early in Call control group for my application was deleted from CUCM.

So the caller was not hearing any music when the agent phone was ringing.

Now i changed the Network MOH to another available file, but i found it still not working.

Then i restarted the UCCX engine completely and after that i hear the Network MOH correctly.

My question is whether the restart of UCCX engine is a must each time we are changing the Network MOH.

Please advice.

13 Replies 13

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

a MOH audio source is tied to the CTI port of the UCCX. If that MOH source is deleted, the old reference remains in the UCCX config.

You might have also reconfigured your CTI ports in UCCX to reference the new MOH audio sources, this should have worked without a restart.

G.

Thanks Gergely for your reply.

Did you mean trigger as CTI ports? If yes, i belive i can see the CTI Route points in CUCM.

I changed the network MOH in UCCX (in call control group settings). But not working without restarting

Actually, I meant the ports in the call control group, not the triggers.

Hmm, I must admit most of the times it works, but there are cases when the only solution is a restart.

G.

So, if i change the network MOH in uccx, it should be reflected in call control group ports in cucm..am i correct?

Yes. UCCX talks to CUCM using the AXL API. Actually, it's the supported way of configuring CTI ports and CTI Route points - you are not supposed to touch them in CUCM.

One more thing, did you try resetting them in CUCM?

G.

I changed the network MOH in UCCX call control group.

I resett the ports in CUCM. Now i can see the changes made in UCCX reflected in ports in CUCM.

So now i should able to hear the MOH when agent phone is ringing. Am i correct?

Or whether am missing any more configuration?

Hi, yes, you should.

But the fact that you are asking this implies you can't hear the MOH, can you.

G.

Ya, am still not able to hear the MOH. Please suggest me any way to get rid of this problem

OK, let's try something super simple. If you configure the same audio source for a telephone, and you call that telephone, and then you place the call on hold on that telephone, can you hear MOH?

This should check whether the remote party has MRGL accessibility issues.

G.

I called from my mobile to one extension. I put the call on hold from extension. But i can't hear any MOH.

Is that MRGL accessibility issue?

Probably. But there's a gateway involved. We don't want that yet.

Can you do the test again but this time calling from an IP phone?

When i try to call from one extension to another extension ip phone, i can hear MOH when call is put on hold.

But when i try to call the UCCX trigger, i am not able to hear the network MOH when agent phone is ringing.

There is no problem for reaching the call to the agent, and the queue miessage given in script is also working fine

Resetting the CTI ports from CUCM side solved my similar MOH problem, Thank you :)