cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Triggers are not registering with Call Manager when added in UCCX. 9.0.2

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our UCCX cluster from 8.6(2a)SU3 to 9.0.2 and since have found when we add new Triggers in the UCCX they are not registering with the Call Manager unless we restart the CUCCX Engine.  Has anyone else run in to this problem?  We never had to do this in the previous release.          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yikes!  That's not good.  Well, atleast you got the issue cleared up, and I am very happy you came back to follow up on this issue for everyone's benefit.  Thank you.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what you have described, it sounds like you resolved your own issue by restarting the UCCX Engine.  Or did I read your statement incorrectly, and in fact your CTI Route Points remain unregistered and you are currently experiencing an outage?

Also, what CallManager version are you running?

Lastly, I have seen upgrades to CUCM/UCCX cause issues where the fix was to perform a reboot, or in some cases even reassociate all phones/triggers/ports back to the appropriate application users.  That's not a huge deal though, as you catch it in the upgrade checkout process and then move into production with a working system.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I was referring release notes of UCCX 9.0.2 .Could this be a problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/release/guide/UCCX_BK_U52A43C3_00_uccx-release-notes.pdf

• Do not use Unified CM Administration to add or change CTI ports or route points that are used by

Unified CCX or application users that are created by Unified CCX.

regds,

aman

Aman - We build the Triggers (CTI Route Points) within the UCCX server, not the Call Manager.  I'm not sure what you are referring to in the release notes.  The attachment was the entire document.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anthony - Although this does fix the problem.  It shouldn't have to be performed every time we make a change or add a new Trigger.  This is not a normal procedure to have to use.  We are now working with TAC and it looks as though we may have to revert to the previous version and re-perform the upgrade.  We upgraded 2 separate clusters and the other cluster isn't having this problem.

I was trying to see if any other sites experienced this issue and what they did to correct.

Thanks,

Jeff

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

We discovered through working with TAC that we had to re-perform the upgrade.  That cleared the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yikes!  That's not good.  Well, atleast you got the issue cleared up, and I am very happy you came back to follow up on this issue for everyone's benefit.  Thank you.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: