Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

no free routes to send call to translation route

About 10% of our calls using translation routes are hitting the failure nodes and I'm seeing the message "no free routes to send call to translation route..."

I created more routes for the service used by the Translation Route and added them into the Translation Route node and still getting the errors. In the "consider if", we use the "peripheral.<peripheral name>.online=1&&NetworkTrunkGroup.<trunkgroup name>.Trunksidle>0" command. We also use the command to select the most idle trunk.

Anyone have an idea of what I've configured wrong? Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, how do you fix it?

I'm hoping this is a misconfiguration and not a bug. We are using ICM 7.2(6).

Thanks,

thomas

3 REPLIES

Re: no free routes to send call to translation route

What are you trying to translation route to? IPIVR, CVP, ACD?

Check your Router-router log for TR timeouts.

What ratio of TR ports to actual ports do you have? I usually aim for between 1/4-1/2 depending on the device, but have one customer where we have a 5/1 ratio because the device we are TRing to does not handle the TR properly, and has to timeout.

In that case I also catch the exit from the failure path of the TR to VRU node, send it through a set node which tags the call with a failed TR count, and then have it re-enter the TR node.

C.

Thanks for the response. It's to an IPIVR. I'm currently using 1/5 ratio. I changed it to a 1/3 ratio last night.

I've definitely been seeing the timeouts. Is this related to the port/trigger ratio?

I would not normally expect to see timeouts on IPIVR, so that is concerning.

Normally you would only see timeouts in cases where the GED 125 connector used by the device is not designed to handle translation routes (as is the case in the customer I mentioned above).

Seeing it on IPIVR would point to some sort of misconfiguration on either CUCM, IPIVR or ICM.

Chapter 5 (page 5-10 to 5-11) of the "IPCC Installation and Configuration Guide for Cisco IPCC Enterprise Edition, Release 7.0(0) (updated May 2007)" contains very detailed instructions on TR configuration for IPIVR - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise7_0/installation/guide/ipce70ic.pdf

C.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content