Views
Helpful
Replies

No Sound Cisco Supervisor Record Viewer

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We just recently implemented an ACD queue for a group in our company. The supervisor (deparment manager) of that group was playing with the Monitor and Record features of Supervisor. When he attempts to play back a recording, the program runs, the progress bar moves (as expected), but he does not hear any audio. We have checked the obvious:

- His computer is audio capable.

- His speakers are plugged in.

- His sound is not muted

- Without changing anything, he can play audio files from iTunes (does not adjust the volume, mute or other settings).

- He does not have Vista, so he is not able to control the sound from individual instances of a program.

I am unaware as to whether or not anyone else has tried to do this, to know if it works anywhere else.

Environment Specific Details:

Computer: IBM (Lenovo) Laptop (R61)

CAD: 6.1(4) Premium

CSD: 6.1(4) Premium

CCM: 4.1

IPCC: 4.0(4)SR01_Build029

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matt.rossmeisl
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is usually client based. Check to ensure the proper NIC is being monitored by CAD on the agents workstation. This can easily be checked by running the postinstall tool which is located in the bin directory where CAD is installed. Also make sure span to PC is enabled on their phone.

If this doesn't work it may be an issue with the NIC. Alot of NICs will toss out packets that are tagged with a vlan by default. you may need to find a registry hack depending upon the NIC being used.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

matt.rossmeisl
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is usually client based. Check to ensure the proper NIC is being monitored by CAD on the agents workstation. This can easily be checked by running the postinstall tool which is located in the bin directory where CAD is installed. Also make sure span to PC is enabled on their phone.

If this doesn't work it may be an issue with the NIC. Alot of NICs will toss out packets that are tagged with a vlan by default. you may need to find a registry hack depending upon the NIC being used.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. I apparently overlooked the Span to PC option when configuring this (as all were set to disable). I have changed it for all phones in question and will follow up with the supervisor to confirm that has resolved the issue.

Once I have confirmation, I will rate this as resolved. Thanks again.

andrew.higgins
Level 4
Level 4

Here are some things to check.

-Is the supervisor able to monitor successfully or is monitoring also failing?

-Are the agent PC NICs plugged into the backs of the IP phones?

-Within the product specific configuration for agent phone devices in CallManager / Communications Manager, verify that "PC Port", "PC Voice VLAN Access", and "Span to PC Port" are Enabled if they are listed as options.

-Are calls routed to agents using g.711 or g.729?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: