Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to hear custom prompts

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I recently changed my configuration of IPCC from G.711 to G.729.

Now I am not able to hear my prompts. The CTI Route Point, CTI Ports are in a different pool & they talk to other regions via G.729.

Now I am able to hear Cisco prompts like "are u still there" but not mine.

Please advise.

Pratik

PS: I've tried my prompts in all the directories possible. My Play Prompt properties states the prompt path as SP[welcome.wav]

Where is it trying to pickup the prompt from then?

7 Replies 7

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Could you try and generate a prompt, just make it spell a number or something

I am able to hear standard Cisco Prompts but not able to hear the custom prompts. Please help.

I believe I need to convert my custom prompts to G.729 to play. Now I sent a mail to apps-support@cisco.com but it bounced back. Any information regarding how to record G.729 prompts is appreciated, cause Ive selected G.729 as IVR Prompt format during install & now my previously recorded prompts (thru Sound recorder CCITT ulaw 8kbps) dont play.

Please advise

Pratik

There is a tool in Cisco Unity named SetWaveFormat, which will convert between G711 and G729. If you happen to have a Unity server, you can try it.

Regards,

Anup

also,

im using g729 on my ccm, so what i do is simply drag the 711 file into the MOH folder and drop it in there. once i do that it will convert to 729 and i can then retrive it.

Patrik,

Just open the wav files with windows "sound recorder", click properties, and convert to the required format.

Regards,

Hady

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

How did you change IPCC from using G711 to G729a? I'm trying to change from G729a to G711 and can't find how to do this.