Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to hear custom prompts

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I recently changed my configuration of IPCC from G.711 to G.729.

Now I am not able to hear my prompts. The CTI Route Point, CTI Ports are in a different pool & they talk to other regions via G.729.

Now I am able to hear Cisco prompts like "are u still there" but not mine.

Please advise.

Pratik

PS: I've tried my prompts in all the directories possible. My Play Prompt properties states the prompt path as SP[welcome.wav]

Where is it trying to pickup the prompt from then?

7 Replies 7

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Could you try and generate a prompt, just make it spell a number or something

I am able to hear standard Cisco Prompts but not able to hear the custom prompts. Please help.

I believe I need to convert my custom prompts to G.729 to play. Now I sent a mail to apps-support@cisco.com but it bounced back. Any information regarding how to record G.729 prompts is appreciated, cause Ive selected G.729 as IVR Prompt format during install & now my previously recorded prompts (thru Sound recorder CCITT ulaw 8kbps) dont play.

Please advise

Pratik

There is a tool in Cisco Unity named SetWaveFormat, which will convert between G711 and G729. If you happen to have a Unity server, you can try it.

Regards,

Anup

also,

im using g729 on my ccm, so what i do is simply drag the 711 file into the MOH folder and drop it in there. once i do that it will convert to 729 and i can then retrive it.

Patrik,

Just open the wav files with windows "sound recorder", click properties, and convert to the required format.

Regards,

Hady

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

How did you change IPCC from using G711 to G729a? I'm trying to change from G729a to G711 and can't find how to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: