cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification to the Agents when call queue is over a limit?

raymlai
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

If my customer is using the IPCC Express 4.0 and they wish to implement a mechanism of notification such that when the corresponding queue has more than 5 calls, they would like to make some notification to the agents of that queue in order to ask them to hurry up to complete the existing calls and answer those in the queue.

They would wonder if Cisco IPCC Express can do such things:

1. They can light up 1 button on the Cisco 7961 phone as the notification.

2. Send the notification on the Agent Desktop such as pop up or messages automatically.

It would be great if anyone can give me the ideas or approaches in order to make it work.

Cheers,

---

Raymond

5 Replies 5

donovand
Level 1
Level 1

Raymond,

I have heard the the supervisor console in 4.5 will be able to alert.

I have used email to alert agents when queues hit thresholds. Some email clients can alert based on subject, etc.

Also, you might want to take a look at commercial products like:

http://www.syn-apps.com/IPCCDashboard.aspx

"A built in alert service can message phones and send email when the number of calls in queue or the oldest contact in queue reaches a user defined threshold"

Can you share your script ?

gene
Level 1
Level 1

I think I saw something like this in desktop administrator. There looks like there is a place to make a warning pop up when a call is in queue for a certain amount of times.

Go to Workflow-Agents-Default. Click on Enterprise Data and Call Activity, there are thresholds in there but you'll have to set these variables in your script.

I am running IPCC-x 3.5.

I know I can set the call activity in Enterpise, but I thought that only displayed in the Enterpirse window when the agent gets a call. Which really does not help alert the agent before hand.

Is there a way to set a variable that would alert the agents there are calls that have meet a threshold in another fashion before the agents phone rings?

Thanks

Trae

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: