cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Null pointer exception error

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I have  script that was working but I saved it out and then edited it and now get a error when i try to validate it. I am not sure how to isolate it.

script Validation Failed: java.lang.nullpointerException

Not sure what coruppted this. does any one know how I can trouble shoot this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok this looks like a little corruption in the Java behind the scenes. Open the Menu step labeled Mon_Thurs_Menu and click OK to save it again. Validate your script again; there will be a few Dangling GoTo errors but those will be easy to fix.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming it is showing you this error in the bottom-right section and not as a pop-up message you can click on it. It should highlight the step that is generating the error.

Beyond that we would need to see your script. You can put it in a ZIP file and attach it to the thread.

Here is the script and yes it

is in the window below as a error when I validate.

Ok this looks like a little corruption in the Java behind the scenes. Open the Menu step labeled Mon_Thurs_Menu and click OK to save it again. Validate your script again; there will be a few Dangling GoTo errors but those will be easy to fix.

You rock! That was it and I fixed the Go to errors!

Thank you Very Much!

Interesting also when I click on that error it does not highlight a step in the script.

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running it on the server or Windows client PC? if it's a PC which Windows OS? Also please let us know the UCCX version.

Pablo

I am running on my PC WIN XP and my UCCX version is 7