cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of CTI ports limited by Licensed IVR Ports on UCCX Premium?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

I've gotten two different answers on this question. Our third party support vendor said that the number of licensed IVR Ports is the max number of CCG CTI ports, while a Cisco engineer said we can create as many CCG CTI ports that we want. Does anyone know the real deal on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes,

Thats correct.

Premium IVR port count is based on number of seats.

Eg: 37x2 = 74 IVR ports in your case.

This is also capped by the capacity of your server.

Standard and Enhanced versions dont have such limitation.

The IVR port in those versions are capped by the server capacity.

Usually 300 or 400 IVR ports.

Regards

Shikhar

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

UCCX Standard/Enhanced are automatically licensed for the max number of ports that the physical server/VMware template supports. 

UCCX Premium is restricted to 2x the number of agents. 

So:

UCCX Premium, 20 Agents, 400-user spec VM: 40 ports

UCCX Standard, 20 Agents, 400-user spec VM: 400 ports

This seems counterinuitive, but I think the idea is that the Premium version has much more capability when used for IVR, so the licensing is controlled. 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron. So then this would be going by the premium "seats", correct?

Configured Licenses:

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium

Total IVR Port(s): 74

Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 37

High Availability : Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Preview Outbound Dialer: Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400

Just want to be sure... thanks!

Yes,

Thats correct.

Premium IVR port count is based on number of seats.

Eg: 37x2 = 74 IVR ports in your case.

This is also capped by the capacity of your server.

Standard and Enhanced versions dont have such limitation.

The IVR port in those versions are capped by the server capacity.

Usually 300 or 400 IVR ports.

Regards

Shikhar

HI,

Can you explain me more on this? I am not very much clear on this. 

Attached screen shot.

What do you specifically have a question on?

Your screenshot shows 50 Premium Agent seats. This means you can have 50 Agents logged in at the same time. Also note that your screenshot shows you can have up to 400 Agents configured. So if you ran 24/7/365, you might configure 150 Agents, but run 3 shifts per day, where only 50 Agents worked per shift.

Your screenshot also shows that you have 100 IVR Ports, which means, you can have 100 callers on the server (Not connected to Agents, rather listening to prompts, interacting with menus, waiting in queue, etc.) at the same time. Also note that, the number of CTI Ports created, Application Sessions, and Trigger sessions can be bottlenecks for you, and you may not get exactly 100 calls on the system. E.g., You're licensed for 100 ports, but you only configured 50 CTI Ports, then your actually limit is 50 calls on the server at the same time.

HI Anthony,

Thank you so much for your prompt respond. 

I can have 50 agents a time receiving call right? ( from 50 premium agent seats) even if I can configure up to 400 agents. ? am I right?

@Anthony Holloway wrote:
What do you specifically have a question on?

Your screenshot shows 50 Premium Agent seats. This means you can have 50 Agents logged in at the same time. Also note that your screenshot shows you can have up to 400 Agents configured. So if you ran 24/7/365, you might configure 150 Agents, but run 3 shifts per day, where only 50 Agents worked per shift.

Your screenshot also shows that you have 100 IVR Ports, which means, you can have 100 callers on the server (Not connected to Agents, rather listening to prompts, interacting with menus, waiting in queue, etc.) at the same time. Also note that, the number of CTI Ports created, Application Sessions, and Trigger sessions can be bottlenecks for you, and you may not get exactly 100 calls on the system. E.g., You're licensed for 100 ports, but you only configured 50 CTI Ports, then your actually limit is 50 calls on the server at the same time.

How do I increase IVR ports? it is licensed right? 

That is correct!

Thank you Anthony,
How do I increase IVR ports? it is licensed right?

To allocate port...

Subsystems->CM telephony->Call Control Group...check or create or increase ports on group ID used by trigger in question.

Remember to update max sessions on application to match sessions/# of calls on queue and uncheck max number of sessions on trigger so it defaults to application.

Basically tell the system to use what you have set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: