Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ODBC connection for Crystal Reports - help!

I hope you folks can help... I'm trying to set up an ODBC connection so I can create some reports in Crystal Reports. I'm following the instructions in this link: javascript:newWin('http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401hd.pdf')

The problem is, when I get to the point of specifying a user and a password, no matter what I try I get "Login is not associated with a trusted SQL connection." I've tried SA, I've tried the same login we use in historical reports, I've tried my NT login - all give the same error. Our network admin has no idea what to do and is rather unwilling to touch the Cisco stuff out of fear that he will somehow crash the phones, and our reseller just says "search the cisco site." Well, I've spent days on this thing and learned all sorts of great stuff but still can't get past this one issue. It's making me a little crazy... :-)

If our network admin needs to enable something, I *might* be able to convince him to do it, if the answer is here on this site in some official Cisco docs. Otherwise forget it - he won't even attempt it.

Thanks in advance,

-Phil

2 REPLIES

Re: ODBC connection for Crystal Reports - help!

Hi Phil,

The SQL database on the IPCC servers and on the CMs use Windows Only authentication by default. This means that in order to establish an ODBC connection to the IPCC SQL database, you have to log in to your computer (on which you run the Crystal) with an account which has the right to access the database. Create an account on the SQL. Give the account necessary rights on the SQL. Create a local user account on your PC , make sure to use the same username and password you set on the SQL.Login to your PC with the new account and establish ODBC from the crystal reports.

Another option is changing the authentication type on the SQL server to " SQL Server and Windows" but AFAIK this is not supported by Cisco.

I always use the first option eventhough I hate to do so. Does anybody else have any other options ?

Emre

Re: ODBC connection for Crystal Reports - help!

Emre,

Thanks for the reply. This confirms what I found online, and between that and your reply, I might be able coax our admin into granting my NT account access to the DB. :-) Thank you for confirming it for me. I'll let the group know if that was it once I get access.

-Phil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content