cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Offload Xth Call to another Call Center - UCCX

henrysousa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants the Xth call to be off loaded to another call center.  I believe this is possible with UCCE but has anyone done this with UCCX?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I've done this before in UCCX using the mod operator ....

Look at the number of contacts in your contact centre so far today, then use mod to determine if that call should go to the other contact centre.

See screenshot... 

use % 5 for every 5th call, %4 for every 4th call etc.

The odd time this didn't work - perhaps this was down to the real time stats not updating fast enough. But when I tested this with 100 calls, looking for every 5th call to go to a different destination, there was only about a 2% margin of error.

Brian

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there's at least one way of achieving it: on the Application level, set the maximum number of sessions to the number of calls you want to route to Script1, and set the Default script to Script2.

G.

Gergely,

This appears to be very close to an answer.  However, if the call volume consistently exceeds the maximum number of sessions, then all calls exceeding the maximum sessions goes to script 2. 

Say 5 is the maximum sessions on application 1/script 1.  If the number of sessions doesn't drop below 5, then calls 6, 7, 8 and so forth go to the default script 2.

What's needed is say call 1 through 4 go to call center A, call 5 goes to call center B.  Call 6 through 9 goes to call center A.  Call 10 goes to call center B.  This process must happen and repeat regardless of number of calls in queue or average wait times for either call center.

Am I off base?

Thank you!!!

Hi, I see, I was not sure about this interpretation, I mean, it was my misinterpretation, sorry.

Actually, there's a question: what happens if there are two calls arriving at the same time, which one would be the victim? This is sort of a problem, calls are not arriving sequentially and they are not blocking each other, they may arrive parallelly.

Anyway, it would be easier to do this with UCCE, since there are Global variables and we could just easily reserve one Global as a counter, incrementing and resetting each and every time. With UCCX, there are, perhaps, sessions and they may hold this counter, but sessions expire, thus making our lives a bit complicated.

What you could try is to introduce a few steps like this in the script that would distribute the calls:

1. take a look if there's a session identified by a certain ID exists, if not, create it and set its value to 1,

2. if it exists, then just increment its value, and save it back to the session, if it's above a threshold, then reset the counter, redirect the call to call center B.

Yet another way would be to save this information in a database table, perhaps, but this may sound like an overkill.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Attempting session ID option.  Will advise.  Thank you!!

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I've done this before in UCCX using the mod operator ....

Look at the number of contacts in your contact centre so far today, then use mod to determine if that call should go to the other contact centre.

See screenshot... 

use % 5 for every 5th call, %4 for every 4th call etc.

The odd time this didn't work - perhaps this was down to the real time stats not updating fast enough. But when I tested this with 100 calls, looking for every 5th call to go to a different destination, there was only about a 2% margin of error.

Brian

Hi Brian,

This is a simpler solution.  Will see if the margin of error is acceptable.  Thank you!