Views
Helpful
Replies

On demand call recording on QM server with CUCM

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a customer who wants to enable on-demand call recording on QM server .

Is there a plugin that needs to be installed on Cisco side to make it happen .

QM Server 9.0.1.57

Calabrio Call Recording: 8.8.1.57

Calabrio Quality Management: 8.8.1.57

Call Manager 9.1.1

UCCX 9.0.2

or any infomation regarding that would be helpful

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something I have not done before, but I recall seeing the feature for IP Phones.  It was an IP Phone Service which showed a menu for starting and stopping recordings for workers without a PC.

On the QM 9.0 Data sheet, the feature is mentioned in the following bullet point:

- The ability to control recording for manual start,  pause, and add metadata through Cisco Agent Desktop or Calabrio recording control browser or IP phone applications

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps8293/data_sheet_c78-710576.html#wp9000180

I'm looking for the documentation to configure this feature.  Unfortunately, Calabrio has their own documentation and support site @ portal.calabrio.com which only Cisco partners can access (something I am not).  The answer may reside there.  I'll post back if I find the IP Phone Service URL to use.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

This is done by configuring CAD workflow buttons to issue API commands to the QM server and is documented in the Quality Management CAD Integration Guide.

A related note you'll want to consider (since the configuration is also in CDA) is whether you have any Enterprise Data (e.g. account number) that you want to attach as metadata to the recording. This is outlined in the QM Administrator User Guide starting on page 155.

Anthony- They have all of the QM-related docs hidden under the Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization product.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jon.  Do you also happen to know if there is an IP Phone Service solution for knowledge workers who do not use CAD?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Not with the OEMed QM product there wasn't, though I haven't done an install of this since 8.0 so there is a remote chance they overcame this in 9.0. Yet another reason not to sell Standard I guess.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Do you happen to know if the API allows for automatic start of call recording, and manual pause of the recording mid-call?

can anyone help me how can stop  Cisco Quality Management: 9.0.1.57 end users to restrict for downloading the recording files bu they can play and listen it...?

what is the option to do this task?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: