Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

One Button Login question.

Does anyone know where the One Button Login password is set?  When I look at the parameter in the "edit" it shows the password field empty under the One Button service configuration.  We enter a password when we subscribe the service to the phone and wonder where the password is authenticated or does it really not matter since there isn't a password in the Phone Services configuration under the Pwd field. 

We use UCCX 7.x.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

When you suscribe the service (one button) to the ohone, there were you mention the extension and password.

Please check the below link for more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008029e6d5.shtml

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Jeff,

In the Active Directory, when you create an end user it will prompt for the password, you can always reset this password by right click on th existing users and reset it.

This is the password which will get syncd with CUCM and will be used in CAD \ Or one button login.

Please check this once.

Thanks,

Anand

Yes, you are correct.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Jeff,

Yes. It should work.

Please dont forget to rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Anand

13 REPLIES

Hi,

When you suscribe the service (one button) to the ohone, there were you mention the extension and password.

Please check the below link for more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008029e6d5.shtml

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

I did read that documentation.  That's where I'm confused.  If I leave the "pwd" field blank in the Phone Services configuration, does that mean "any" password entered when I configure the service on each phone will work or do they valid against a password somewhere?  That's where I'm getting confused.

We have the "pwd" in the Phone Services configuration blank.  When we subscribe the One Button Login to the phone, we enter the user id and we enter a password.  Is the password really required if we leave the field blank in the Phone Services configuration or do we just enter any password in the password field when subscribing the one button login on the phone?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Please check the entries in the password field in the end user page (for this user) of the CUCM. Please try with this to login.

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

There isn't a password field for the end user in the End User page in CUCM.  We are using AD integration.  That's why I'm confused on where the One Button Login authenticates.  Is it with the End User or with the One Button Login.  Here's how it is configured.

-Phone Services

One Button Login UCCX2

-Parameters

Ext (Default Value is left blank), Parameter is required is checked.

ID (Default Value is left blank), Paremeter is required is checked.

Pwd (Default Value is left blank), Parameter is required is checked.

Here's how we configure the phone when subcribing the service.

Service Name - One Button Login UCCX2

ASCII Service Name - One Button Login UCCX2

Ext.  2059306700

ID - jamize

Pwd - password#1

My question is where is the password "password#1" authenticated against?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

In the Active Directory, when you create an end user it will prompt for the password, you can always reset this password by right click on th existing users and reset it.

This is the password which will get syncd with CUCM and will be used in CAD \ Or one button login.

Please check this once.

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

So, if we sync with AD and leave the pwd blank in the Phone Services, it authenticates with the users AD password?  If that's the case, wouldn't we have to know the users password in AD before we could enter it in when subscribing to the One Button Login on the phone?  If so, can we enter a password in the pwd field in the Phone Services and then enter the same password for all agents when we subscribe to the One Button Login?

Thank you for taking time with me.

Community Member

Does that mean if I leave the field blank, the One Button Login password entered for the user must match their AD password?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, you are correct.

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

Last question.

Likewise, if I enter a password in the pwd field as "password#1", I can then enter the same password when Subscribing the One Button Login on each phone with their User ID and Ext, and it should work...right?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes. It should work.

Please dont forget to rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

Will do!  Thank you so much for the assistance!

Community Member

I found how it really works.  If you are integrated with AD, the users have to enter their AD password in the pwd field.  There is not way to use the same password for all users.  The only to do that would be to have generic user names created that have the same password.  Their password would have to be configured to "never expire" in order for them to work without changing.

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content