Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Option to break out of hold queue and leave a message

I am working on an IPCC script and I have the first almost completed, but I can't fix one problem.

I have setup a basic queue loop, but I want to give the user the option of pressing #1 to leave a voicemail -

rather than wait in the queue.

I want them to be able to do this at any

time during the queue loop. I've created the variable for voicemail extension, but how do I do provide the caller with the option of pressing 1 to go into voicemail at at any time throughout the queue loop?

TIA,

Amir

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Option to break out of hold queue and leave a message

Unfortunately, there isn't an "any time" functionality option. You can accomplish something similar to this by doing one of the following:

1) Using a standard Menu step and ensuring that the Input buffer is not flushed. This way, if a caller presses a DTMF digit before or after the menu step is finished while in queue, the Menu step will receive this input when it executes again and can take action. This would allow the caller to press it at any time but action would not occur until the queue loop cycles back to the Menu step.

2) Use a Get Digit String step and have the Prompt value be your the MoH audio file. This will not use your UCM MoH source but a WAV file located on the UCCX server. You would need to tweak the Maximum Retries and such to prevent the caller from hearing "Are you there?" at the end of the Initial Timeout value.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies