Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Oubound Call to Busy Party Recorded as No Answer

Hi All,

I have the following setup:

- Call Manager 5.1(3)

- IPCC Enterprise 7.1(5) with Outbound Option

The Outbound Campaign is configured with the Call Progress Analysis.

The CPA is working very well with Fax, Answering Machine, No Answer detection. However, it seems that the calls to busy party were recorded as no answer instead of busy. (I went to the SQL Query to display the campaign result and look at the CallResult field).

I have also done a few more tests and found out that it only happens on external calls via the gateway. The calls to busy internal ext were treated correctly as busy calls.

Is there any setting in the CM or Gateway to make sure that the external calls are recorded as busy instead of no answer?

Regards

Erwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Oubound Call to Busy Party Recorded as No Answer

Hi Erwin,

thanks for the logs, whatever is on the over side of the GW is not providing the busy information in first place, CCM/ICM would use that ISDN reason code to flag the call.

*Apr 1 06:25:24.029: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x2120

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

*Apr 1 06:25:24.073: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0xA120

*Apr 1 06:25:24.081: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x2120

You get a normal call clearing, this need to be investigating with your local exchange carrier(LEC).

Regards,

Riccardo

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Erwin,

do you have this configured?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080576d87.shtml

If you enable debug isdn q931 on the GW do you see the busy as a cause returned by the telco?

Regards,

Riccardo

Community Member

Hi Riccardo,

No, I haven't got that configured but I think it's a good idea. It could be that the busy signal was sent by the telco but the message was not forwarded to the icm.

Also, i haven't been able to turn on the gw trace because i don't have the access detail.

I will certainly try your suggestion and also turn on the gw traces to see whether it returns busy signal.

Thanks again!

Erwin

Community Member

Hi Riccardo,

I have done some testing today after the jtapi config change that you recommend. However, it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I have captured the jtapi traces as well as the isdn q931 trace from the gateway and found the following interesting results:

1. The call to external party does not seem to have the Busy Message both in the jtapi and isdn trace.

17:04:17 Trace: CallCtlConnDisconnectedEv CID: 16790924 Addr: 41080824249# Calling: 80018 Called: 41080824249# LastRed: CiscoCause: CAUSE_NORMALCALLCLEARING Cause: NORMAL State: DISCONNECTED CC

2. The call to internal party is correctly recorded and the jtapi trace showed the USER_BUSY message.

17:01:03 Trace: CallCtlConnDisconnectedEv CID: 16790923 Addr: 81134 Calling: 80018 Called: 81134 LastRed: CiscoCause: CAUSE_USERBUSY Cause: BUSY State: DISCONNECTED CCState: DISCONNECTED

So it seems that the Gateway doesn't return USER_BUSY message.

Do you know any documentation for setting up the gateway correctly in order to pass the BUSY Message to the CM/ICM?

Regards

Erwin

PS: Attached are the traces for the jtapi and gateway isdn q931 if you're interested to see.

Cisco Employee

Hi Erwin,

thanks for the logs, whatever is on the over side of the GW is not providing the busy information in first place, CCM/ICM would use that ISDN reason code to flag the call.

*Apr 1 06:25:24.029: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x2120

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

*Apr 1 06:25:24.073: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0xA120

*Apr 1 06:25:24.081: ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x2120

You get a normal call clearing, this need to be investigating with your local exchange carrier(LEC).

Regards,

Riccardo

Community Member

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks again for your help!

I will try to contact the carrier people and hopefully we can get this issue fixed.

Regards

Erwin

Community Member

Hi Riccardo,

FYI, I have this issue fixed. As advised, i raised a case with the carrier and it turns out that by default they enable the audible treatment for busy party. Hence the carrier sent busy tone instead of user busy message to the gateway.

They disable the audible treatment on the multiline and it's working okay now.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Erwin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content