Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Dialer MR PG

All,

I have a customer that is reporting issues of outbound dialer having problems. They have a PG Pair that is duplexed with an MR PG with 2 PIM's under it. one for each of their 2 outbound dialer. When checking the PG's I see that somehow one PIM is active on each side. (i.e. 1 PIM active on PG2A and 1 PIM active on PG2b). Is this supposed to be happening?!? I didn't think this was possible with duplexed PG's.

Thanks!

Chad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outbound Dialer MR PG

Yes it is possible as long as they are different PIMs. PIM1 can be active on only one side at a time and PIM2 can be active on only side at a time, but they don't both need to be on the same side. Basically whichever PG side was the first to respond is the one the Dialer will establish an active connection to. The same goes for other PIM types as well.

2 REPLIES

Yes it is possible as long as they are different PIMs. PIM1 can be active on only one side at a time and PIM2 can be active on only side at a time, but they don't both need to be on the same side. Basically whichever PG side was the first to respond is the one the Dialer will establish an active connection to. The same goes for other PIM types as well.

elite thanks dude!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content