Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound dialer - send custom fields to CVP campaign

Hi,

We are trying to setup a customer campaign which involves IVR call treatment. Basically the call will be send to CVP from the outbound dialer. However we would like to pass some information to CVP (e.g. via ICM variables) so the CVP can play the relevant greeting to the caller. Ideally we will have this information in the import list of the dialer as custom fields. However as per the configuration guide:

"Outbound Option does not send data from Custom columns to the agent desktop. They are available for use only in the query rule select clause for business-specific filtering into different dialing lists."

Is there another way to achieve this? How can we pass data from the outbound dialer to CVP?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Once the call is transferred

Once the call is transferred to IVR(CVP) campaign, it will be normal handling how you do for normal inbound call.

you can run External script , Collect Customer input and queue the call to skill group (similar to comprehensive call flow model of CVP)

once agents becomes available , ICM will pass the label of agent to CVP and CVP will connect call.

Agent Reservation comes in place when you have agent base campaign, and when dialer wants to reserver agent before dialing customer record.

it does it through MR Pim by sending route request, and based on response it will reserve that agent, dial customer based on configure dialing mode.

in case on IVR campaign, customer is already dialed and you just need to Queue them or provide them a treatment.

regards

Chintan

~please rate if helpful

3 REPLIES

Hi,i am not sure on any

Hi,

i am not sure on any direct method to achieve this, may be there is no such way.

but you can achieve this by using DB lookup in ICM script.

When creating Import Rule, You also mention table on which the import data should be stored.

This table will get created in outbound database on loggerA.

all the data in import file, will be stored in this table (you can check it by running select * query on table).

You can configure this table on ICM to do DB lookup to fetch you custom data, you will need csutomer account number for this, this will be primary key to fetch relevent data.
so in import rule, you need to account number as one of the parameter for file. 

example:

1) when import is scheduled and records are provided to dialer, dialer will initiate customer call and it will transfer it to CTI RP configured for IVR based campaign.

2) this will execute scheduled script, now in this script use DB look up to Lookup data for account number provided in import file.

3)store useful data fields in ToExtVRU array and pass it to CVP.

this should work.

Regards
Chintan

Thanks.I was thinking about

Thanks.

I was thinking about this method as well. I will give it a try.

Another question (if I can use the same discussion).

Once we transfer the call to an IVR campaign ... how can we queue the caller to an agent skill group if a specific option is selected from the IVR?

My understanding is that when using Agent campaign, an agent will be reserved from the outbound script. However when using IVR campaign, the call is connected to the CVP. How can we connect the call back to the ICM for call queuing from CVP?

Thanks.

Once the call is transferred

Once the call is transferred to IVR(CVP) campaign, it will be normal handling how you do for normal inbound call.

you can run External script , Collect Customer input and queue the call to skill group (similar to comprehensive call flow model of CVP)

once agents becomes available , ICM will pass the label of agent to CVP and CVP will connect call.

Agent Reservation comes in place when you have agent base campaign, and when dialer wants to reserver agent before dialing customer record.

it does it through MR Pim by sending route request, and based on response it will reserve that agent, dial customer based on configure dialing mode.

in case on IVR campaign, customer is already dialed and you just need to Queue them or provide them a treatment.

regards

Chintan

~please rate if helpful

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content