Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound dialer

Bright Adjarho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

An outbound dialer application was confiugured for a customer. When the dialer dials the customer, it does not transfer the call to the agent. The call gets dropped. Pls what do you think is responsible? I have placed the phone, the vg and dialer port in the same css, yet situation remains same.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Is this UCCE Outbound Option?

Do you have call waiting configured on the agent line? That's required so that the new call can be laid on top of the reservation call and the reservation call dropped from underneath.

If you have some other outbound product, my advice may be useful or may be not.

Regards,

Geoff

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Bright,

There could be quite a few reasons the transfer may fail.

The dialer you have is it with UCCE or UCCX?

If it is UCCE

do you have CPA enabled?

Does the PSTN GW has CSS so that it can access the Agent Phone?

Does the Agent Phone has Call waiting enabled?

Let me know more about the deployment, I'll send you what next you can do.

Thanks

- abu

The dialer is with UCCE.  PSTN Gateway has CSS configured. This CSS is accessible to the agent phone. When phone numbers are uploaded, agent is reserved and then when agent accept to make system place call, the customer's phone is dialled and it rings. After about 4s, the call gets dropped and display an error message of "the call has failed because the resources are not available. Please wait a moment andtry again" on the agent cti. The call does not get transfered back to the agent.

Hi Bright,

Set the Dialer and CTI Svr  trace mask to 0xffff

make some test call.

Collect diale, CTI Svr and CUCM cti/ccm trace.

I'll have a look

thanks

-abu

Hi Bright,

It seems a codec missmatch issue. Your Call Manager region configuration is responsible for this issue. Please check the Region of the dialer ports, IP phone. And if you are using CTI port check the Device pool of IP Phone, CTI port and dialer ports. Here inside the device pool configuration which region is seleected. In all the case the region needs to be the same.

For example if your IP phonesare using a regionA your dialer port must use regionA. for sceond case if your IP phones are using DP_A and dialer ports are using DP_B. Both the DP_A and DP_B should have same region.

If this does not solve your problem check the device pool of gateway and trunk. I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: