cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Dialing from CVP In Comprehensive Mode

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Has anyone around here worked or tried doing this?  I have some preliminary things working as of last night with CVP and some TCL Scripts I hacked together.  If anyone has worked on it, is anyone interested in getting together and making something a bit more complete and useable for the masses?

Cheers,

Chad

11 Replies 11

hyavari82
Level 1
Level 1

hiya, just to let you know that outbound dialling has been achieved using mysql db and tcl scripts on gateways using sip triggers in a reoccuring set time e.g. every 15 seconds. CVP 8 has a built in "courtesy callback" function with machine detection ( not sure how accurate the machine detection is ). maybe worth just playing with v8??

I am aware.  I am actually looking for the specific ability to generate an outbound call from CVP Studio anytime I want and give it IVR treatment.  as far as I know this hasn't been done.  I would also like to figure out a way then to disconnect the call and terminate it properly in ICM with being answered.  But this I will work on next.  Is the courtesy callback just some microapp type thing?

Thanks for the information!

If anyone is curious of a sample call flow and the script I am working on, as well as some last issues before I can start refining the process.  Follow here

http://developer.cisco.com/web/vgapi/forums/-/message_boards/message/2231700

Courtesy callback is the interaction of several things - a TCL file on the gwy, custom ICM script (.ICMS sample supplied), 5 custom CVP VXML (Audium) scripts supplied (three you can modify, 2 you cannot), and the requirement to have the Reporting Server (that last one annoys me).

I haven't played with it yet.

Regards,

Geoff

Additionally, isn't this available with CVP 8.0?  Unless I'm missing what Chad is trying to do.

david

Hi David,

From my knowledge CVP 8.0 has courtesy call back, which is really just a nice waiting system and im guessing and a little oubound dialing.  I was unaware that you had the flexability to start calls and give them seperate IVR treatment and connect them together a later date...

for example transfer outcall a mobile phone and ask them if tey would like to accept the call from number blah and they hit one 2 accept and 2 to not.

That kind of stuff.

Also does anyone with the CVP 8 NFR want to post up just the TCL file so I can have a look at it?

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

Thank you for the explanation of what you're trying to do, I was being dense and just didn't get it.  I hope you get it working, it does sound like a good feature.

david

David,

Thanks, I think the developer in the other forum hit my problem on the head, I though it was an ack issue with my second leg, I just missed a TCL command.  Unfortunaly my test environent is down till sunday for network changes, so hopefully I can report back successful test and a hackjob TCL and guide for people to play with.

Anyways in the next few weeks after some refinement I will release it, and offer it back to the CCBU to see if they can turn it into a useable feature for the masses. (full outbound functionality equivelent to that of UCCX)

Cheers,

Chad

I sorted out the last bug with brdiging the calls, no i just need to put some kind of a process around this...  You can find the PoC script in this forum..

http://developer.cisco.com/web/vgapi/forums/-/message_boards/message/2231700

I will release a pack in the next few weeks to the community with a full installation and configuration guide to support outbound dialing and bridging in CVP...

Cheers all,

Chad

Hi Chad,

Were you successful developing and using this outbound in comprehensive mode? Can you share with a larger audience?

Thanks!

-Sethu

Geoff,

Thanks for this.  I believe with my new utility it would be fairly simple to write your own courtesy callback mechnism without the need for a silly cisco reporting server.  Just a few custom action elements.

Let me know what your experience is when you try it, I am tempted to order CVP 8.0 now.  Most importantly CVP 8.0 includes post call survey for SIP I think!

Cheers,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: