Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound dialing

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on how the outbound dialing is used in UCCX 7.0.  I am reading the documentation found on cisco.com but  I am not sure how the data should be formatted.  Also, how does this exactly work?  My understanding is that the data is loaded in the system and the each contact is distributed among the agents that are resources in that specific queue? Does the system automatically dial the contact or is that a manual process that the agent has to perform?

Any information would be very useful.

Thank you!

Carla

2 REPLIES

Re: Outbound dialing

I am not sure how the data should be formatted.

It's up to you, because when you upload the data, you tell the uploader which fields are which.

A typical CSV will look like this:

account_number,first_name,last_name,phone1,phone2,phone3

There are warnings all of the place that tell you to scrub your lists against the national do not call list.  This way you wont get sued for bothering people who don't want to be bothered.

Also, how does this exactly work?  My understanding is that the data is loaded in the system and the each contact is distributed among the agents that are resources in that specific queue?

You upload a different contact list for each campaign, and each campaign is associated to a CSQ.  When an agent is avilable, during the campaign time frame, the system presents the next contact to the agent via CAD.

Does the system automatically dial the contact or is that a manual process that the agent has to perform?

No, the agent has to initiate the dialing.  Then they have to classify the call.  i.e., answering machine, callback, not home, wrong number, etc.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Re: Outbound dialing

Thank you for your quick response.   I have attached a sample csv file that I created based on the documentation that I found on cisco's website....chapter 14-14 customer dialing lists...they talk about recordID, dialingListID, and profileID fields...are those prepopulated by the customer? Can you take a look and tell me if I am on the right track?

Also, do you recommend or (have to share) any documentation on the setup?  I have the pdf from Cisco but it isn't too detailed...

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies