cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound FAX using IPCCX and RightFax server.

somannairv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer running on IPCC Express 7.0(Premium) with CCM 7.0. They have Rightfax server integrated to CCM to send out fax messages. Pls check into below requirement and suggest if its a do-able solution. If yes, pls suggest, how can this be achieved.

CC team should be able to send out fax message to customers. Since sending bulk requests to RightFax server could lead in a hanging state of server, they want to enable scheduling to send fax message to a set of numbers at a particular time using existing IPCCX solution.

I was wondering because outbound dialer when places call it automatically checks if it is a fax machine, answering machine, etc on the other side, in which case it disconnects the call.

Regards,

Soman.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The outbound dialer in CCX 7 is a "direct preview" dialer. It is NOT a predictive dialer. Additionally, it does not have remote-end detection to determine what/who answered. That must be specified by the agent through CAD by selecting the appropriate classification such as voice, answering machine, fax, etc.

I am not at all familiar with the RightFax server (we sell XMediusFAX instead to customers); however, I can't think of how CCX would handle this cleanly. Anything is possible but I think they are looking in the wrong direction for this.

In the interest of trying to answer the question though: In theory you could write a CCX script that an agent could call into, specify a document ID that they want to fax, and the remote telephone number. CCX could then store this to SQL database through ODBC that RightFax could (?maybe?) read from and take action on at it's leisure. You would effectively be building a fax-back IVR. It'd be up to RightFax to pick up the action request out of the database though.