Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound not functioning

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to setup outbound at my home lab.I have installed the contact center which i fuctioning fine for inbound.Now i have installed Dialer and mr pg as pg 2 on the sprawler.All the servers are installed on the same server.The calls are hitting the outbound script but the calls are not being passed to the agent.I have attached the snapshots with the process messages.Please let me know if anybody finds where i am going wrong.4000 is the number for outbound and 4002 is number for agent login.

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

When you say "calls are hitting the outbound script but the calls are not being passed to the agent" I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the Dialer is calling the customer, but when the customer answers, the other end is not transferred from the port that made the call to the agent?

You have started off with predictive, which is a little harder to control. My suggestion is to first work with direct preview - it's much simpler.

1. First use dialogictest and ensure that each of your four dialer ports can make a call. Is your target phone (customer) an IP phone inside your lab (I assume so) or do you have a gateway and a FXS card leading to an analogue phone? Either way, make sure dialogictest can make the calls.

2. Change your admin script to PREVIEW_DIRECT

3. Run import on a couple of records

4. Check with procmon to CampaignManager and look at the output of dumprt (check the section in the Outbound User Guide). This is likely to be OK, but worth checking.

5. Open up the Dialer DOS window so you can see the complete width of the lines pumped out by the heartbeat. I make the font smaller so I can see it all. Make an agent available and ensure that this display shows the agent available and available to the dialer.

6. The reservation call should be placed from one of the dialer ports to your agent and be auto-answered, thus reserving the agent. You should be using the Outbound CTIOS that comes in the toolkit.

7. Press "Accept" and the agent's phone should call the customer directly.

Once you have preview direct working correctly it will give you confidence to move to the next phase. I suggest progressive with no overdialing (max lines per agent = 1.0, lines per agent = 1.0). Now the reservation call will lock the agent, and the dialer port will call the customer. Just let it ring out. The agent will stay reserved and the dialer will call the next customer. And so on.

Finally, run the test again and answer the customer phone. The call will be transferred from the dialer port to the agent, and if this does not happen, you should know where to look for problems.

If not, write again.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: