Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound Number Presentation

Is there a way to configure in ICM the outbound telephone to be presented when a team is calling out

Our contact centre has previously been set that anyone dialling out will present to the caller the inbound contact centre number, The telco has now reconfigured to the trunks to allow the default number to be overwritten if presented by the system. We can do this via Call Manager and their mac address however if we are hot desking and different teams sit at the desk they will want their number to be presented.

I was wondering if it is configurable within Cisco ICM to define the number based on the agents team or profile ?

4 REPLIES

Mark-

There's nothing in ICM to do this - Number presentation is entirely the domain of Call Manager and your Voice Gateways.

You could acheive the effect using Extension Mobility in Call Manager, however you would be adding a step to all agent logins - they would have to log into the phone before logging into CTI.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks, i was lead to believe it was.

So i presume this can be achieved via configuring the agents profile and not physical handset?

Mark,

I've never done configuration for Extension Mobility before, but here's a guide from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080153e60.html

-Jameson

-Jameson
Hall of Fame Super Silver

So, are you using EM now or not? remember you cannot have the ACD extension configured as a shared line appearance, so if you are not using EM then you cannot build a profile with the same ACD line on the phone and the profile. If you want to go to that route then the UDP profiles will need to have different ACD lines from the ones on the phone.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies