Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Option Answering Machine Detection

Going to be kind of general with this one, but in several experiences of deploying outbound option to various groups who are coming from different dialers (Mosaic, Dialogic, etc..) the users instantly take a liking to the features provided to them by the Cisco dialer.  The one issue that is consistently reported is the number of answering machines these users are connected to when making the switch.

When deploying outbound option one of the steps is still changing various registry values pertaining to the AM detect and while it helps, it doesn't quite get the users back to where they want to be.  Has anyone had any experience with tweaking these settings to something a little more effective?

One huge issue is the answering machines that have a recorded name and are answered by saying "Your name <pause> is not available".  I have been able to address that in the past by taking the minimum silence period from 375 to around 650.  This obviously effects the speed of connecting with the agent, but is just one example.  Would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outbound Option Answering Machine Detection

For the most part messing with those settings gets bad results. For example the fix you mentioned would slow down the time to transfer, which would lead to more live customers hanging up, which in general is worse than sending answering machines to agents. The settings in general attempt to err on the side of assuming it is live voice. I've calculated the percentages on live systems in the past and in my experience the cisco dialer accuracy ranges around 85-90%, which is comparable to other dialer systems. Also keep in mind that hardware based dialers generally have a slight advantage in AMD detection rates.

I'm surprised you mentioned most of these customers are happy with the feature set provided by the Cisco dialer. The biggest complaint I usually get is that the Cisco dialer does not provide anything like the depth of features provided out of box with other dialers.

2 REPLIES

For the most part messing with those settings gets bad results. For example the fix you mentioned would slow down the time to transfer, which would lead to more live customers hanging up, which in general is worse than sending answering machines to agents. The settings in general attempt to err on the side of assuming it is live voice. I've calculated the percentages on live systems in the past and in my experience the cisco dialer accuracy ranges around 85-90%, which is comparable to other dialer systems. Also keep in mind that hardware based dialers generally have a slight advantage in AMD detection rates.

I'm surprised you mentioned most of these customers are happy with the feature set provided by the Cisco dialer. The biggest complaint I usually get is that the Cisco dialer does not provide anything like the depth of features provided out of box with other dialers.

Thanks for your response.  Your assessment is right in line with what I would've said and I'm glad to hear further confirmation that the recommended settings are the way to go.  I posted this on day 1 with our new group, so perhaps it's just the agents being over observational.  As I mentioned before, the latest group is thrilled with the way things are going, espcially with the predictive dialing connect rates.  Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content