cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Script GET DIGIT String DTMF Relay issue?

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that dials outbound using the "PLACE CALL" step.

Once it connected it runs a get digit step where it asks for digits from the person it called "Enter Code"

The person on the other end is supposed to enter a code, but the digits are not being recognized.

It's almost like a "reverse" DTMF-Relay issue, but POTS dialpeer's don't have DTMF relay options.

Any thoughts?

7 Replies 7

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

I tried this via a SIP trunk and same result.

if u send the call to ur CCM through a VOIP dial-peer and ur GK is H323

u need the follwoing command under ur VOIP dial-peer toward CCM

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

HTH

these are outbound calls - so they don't hit a VoIP peer.

I've run into the same issue.  Did you ever find the resolution?

Please make a SIP trunk with MTP enabled. It should help.

Two things to add on this thread:

1. The statement "these are outbound calls - so they don't hit a VoIP peer." is not true. There is always an inbound and outbound dial-peer matched on IOS. If you do not have an inbound dial-peer to match, IOS will use dial-peer 0 which is almost always a bad thing. Make sure you have a VoIP dial-peer that will match for inbound calls from UCM to the router.
  2. CCX does not support in-band DMTF such as RFC2833 with SIP. If you do not have OOB DTMF such as KPML (RFC4730) or H.245 alphanumeric, then you need to invoke an MTP for conversion.

I found my issue.  There was no outbound dial peer on the gateway and the outbound calls were hitting the default dial peer.  Once the outbound dial peer was added, it worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: