Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OVA Upgrade for UCCX 8.5

Hi -

We have a customer who was deployed with 100 Agents UCCX OVA. They are running on a C-210M2 , Intel XEON @ 2.7GHz processor & have sufficient hardware capacity for further growth. Now they`d like to grow beyond 100 Agents & like to upgrade their OVA to support 400 Agents. Please advise ,if there`s a documented method to do this on the same hardware with minimum downtime for the cut-over. This OVA upgrade requires the vDisk to be upgraded as well ,which I believe requires the software re-install.

Raj

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Check out the "Resize Virtual

Check out the "Resize Virtual Machine" section here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris . I have seen

Thanks Chris . I have seen this doc before & knew that the vDisk upgrade is not supported without UCCX reinstall. I`m trying to find out if there`s a documented procedure to build the new VM in paralell on the same UCS with the same IP address, host name,etc.,. May be it`s more of a VM environment related question...

The procedure that I would think , is to have this new VM (with 400 agents OVA) in an isolated VLAN , get a routerconnected to that VLAN, configured as the NTP server & install the UCCX. Take backup from the exisitng UCCX & restore to the new VM. Just trying to find out if there`s an easy or documented best practice to do this.

Raj

Cisco Employee

Hi,You will have to take a

Hi,

You will have to take a backup of the UCCX-->redeploy the VM with the new OVA template-->Restore the backup on the VM.

Cheers,

Ahiram Kramadhati

Views
Helpful
Replies