Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Packaged CCE 9.03 - What is the difference b/w calls Handled and calls Answered?

[We're running CUIC Standard]

I'm trying to understand how the calls HANDLED (on the Agent Precision Queue Historical All Fields) would be higher than calls ANSWERED (on the Call Type Historical All Fields) report, for the same timeframe and call type/queue.  We understand that handled calls are those calls that are answered and completed.  If so, then wouldn't we see higher numbers in Answered?

Any thoughts on this?

4 REPLIES

Comparing Handled on an Agent

Comparing Handled on an Agent report to Answered on a Call Type report is tricky, since depending on your call flows the two values can be vastly different. If you're looking at Answered and Handled on the same report (Call Type Historical All Fields should have both), there are opportunities for either value to be higher than the other within any given interval or across multiple intervals.

Generally, if Answered is higher than Handled in one interval, then Handled is going to be higher than Answered in one of the intervals after that (though not necessarily the one right after - depends on call length). In the database, Answered is incremented in the interval when the call is answered, Handled is incremented in the interval when the wrap-up completes. So a very basic example would be with a single call - Say the Agent picks up an inbound call at 8:56am, and hangs up and completes wrap-up at 9:07am... The 8:30am interval would show 1 call Answered and 0 Handled, while the 9:00am interval would show 0 calls Answered and 1 Handled.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Excellent response Jameson!

Excellent response Jameson!

david

Thanks for the timely and

Thanks for the timely and informative response!  

I've used the handled/answered distinction when working with low-level intervals but it hasn't been an issue at the summary level.  For example, total call volumes for a month.  You're right, though, that comparing we're basically trying to compare apples to oranges ... which never works.

The calls "Handled" data value is useful in the Agent report as the customer is interested in evaluating "hold" behavior (Avg Hold, Held, Aban Hold, etc.) relative to calls handled.  I'll revisit the options to see what will work best.

Thanks again,

Jackie

Hi Jameson,I agree with you

Hi Jameson,

I agree with you but it works only with inbound.
With predictive outbound campaign, the field CallsAnswered is incremented like the field AutoOutCalls) but not the field CallHandled. 

Olivier

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content