cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parameter Variables not Configurable in IPCC Express 8.5.1

ronupcdef
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading system from ver 5 to 8.5.1.  I have run into instances where parameter variables in my scripts are not configurable under the application.  These are prompt variables.  They do not appear in the application screen and even though you can check the box to change the wav file, the Show Prompts button is grayed out and is inop -- you cannot select the prompt from your list.  I have tried changing the name of the wav file; reformatting the wav file; and rewriting portions of the script -- all to no avail.  Any suggestions appreciated!

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

PUT does not back up any user level files (prompts /grammar/documents) that

are stored outside of Unified CCX repository. You have to manually back up

these files and keep it in a safe network location.

- Does your custom prompts were part of prompt management before upgrade?

For Unified CCX 8.5(x), prompt file names are case-sensitive. Ensure that the

prompt file names in the system exactly match the prompt file names used in

scripts. You can complete this task before or after the upgrade. You can

update the names in the scripts or in the system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851_ug.pdf

Could you also please try uploading one of these prompts in UCCX 8.5 once gain with the overwrite operation and see if this helps?

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

do they have the final modifier enabled?

G.

ronupcdef
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your replies.  I did not use a utility to move the applications, scripts, and prompts to the new system.  I zipped the files and manually moved them in.  I did find one solution (a work around).  I redefined the Prompts in the script to P[] (no name).  Now the parameter variables can be set from the application screen using the Show Prompts button.  I'm still not sure what the cause of the problem is, but I'm leaning towards some bug since nothing else I tried worked.  Also, the problem appears with the prompt type only.