Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Passing DTMF Tones to UCCX Applications Configured for G729

Hello Team,

Could you please provide some recommendations on this issue I am having? I have a customer with a new SIP Trunk to TW Telecom. I set up the SIP trunk in CUCM for RCF2833 and the same on the outbound dial-peers pointing to Communications Manager as this is what TW Telecom is configured for. I provisioned MTP and transcoder resources and assigned to a MRGL part of the trunk in CUCM.

The main issue is I hear the UCCX prompts, but can't pass DTMF tones. The MTP resource and transcoder should take care of the issue, but it is not working. I even tried using (dtfm-relay sip-notify) instead of rtp-nte, but still did not work at all.

call flow is as below:

TWTC.......>SIP........>CUBE......>SIP......>CUCM

The customer has already UCCX in place, which was configured for G729 instead. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Thank you,

Gerson

• Contact Center
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to insert hardware-MTP to solve the issue  as software-based MTP only support g711 codec.

Regards,

Gnan.

Hello Gnan,

So even though UCCX is using G729, I should provision the software MTP on CUBE as G711?

Thank you,

Gerson

Cisco Employee

Hi,

You should provision software MTP on CUBE as G729 and also you need to check the MTP required in the sip trunk because the uccx will support only out-of-band DTMF.

Regards,

Gnan.

Hi,

I did that yesterday, but still no luck. I have a TAC opened on this issue, which is now with CUCM team. In the meantime do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Gerson

Just something to try... Set your UCM trunk to OOB and RFC 2833, Reset the trunk. Then on your dial-peers use

dtmf-relay sip-kpml. I had the same issue (except my uCCX was G711), could hear everything but wouldn't pass the DTMF tones.. Worked fine on the UCXN Call Handler too, just didn't like the UCCX RP.

Thanks Morgan and Gnan for your input. This is what I did to correct the issue. I provisioned an MTP and Transcoder and associated directly with CUBE instead of CUCM. The second thing I did is to configure the inbound and outbound dial-peers as shown below.

1)

dspfarm profile 1 transcode 

codec g729br8

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

codec g711alaw

codec g711ulaw

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 125

associate application CUBE

!

dspfarm profile 2 mtp 

codec g729r8

codec pass-through

maximum sessions software 2000

associate application CUBE

2)

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description ***Accept calls from SIP Provider into Router***

translation-profile incoming PSTN-inbound

session protocol sipv2

incoming called-number ^....$

dtmf-relay rtp-nte ------------ Set the DTMF relay to RCF2833 for the inbound DP

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 103 voip

description ***Outbound to CUCM Sub***

preference 1

destination-pattern 1[6,7]...

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

voice-class codec 1 offer-all

dtmf-relay sip-notify sip-kpml rtp-nte ------ Used SIP notify on the outbound dial peers to CUCM

no vad

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.