Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing Information from UCCX call variables through trunk SIP to Astersik

Stefano Pucci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We need to pass some informations from our UCCX 8.5SU3/CUCM 8.6.2a to our Asterisk Server.

This two PBX are connected by a trunk sip.

Is it possible to do it?I've read about sip header,but i've never work on it.

Is it possible with a javascript?

Could you please help us?

Thanks

Stefano

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. CCX uses JTAPI (CTI/QBE) to integrate with CUCM, not SIP. As such there is no mechanism for it to manipulate or add extra SIP headers. You would need to use one of the native scripting options (e.g. ODBC, HTTP GET/POST, SMTP) or write a custom Java class that can interface natively with the other application. Examples of this exist such as the excellent documents on SFTP, CIFS, and LDAP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Scenario is :

Call received from Agent,then agent insert a License plate in our application server(java based) and hit a transfer button to a survey on our Asterisk Server.

CUCM and Asterisk are connected by trunk SIP.

Asterisk should be able to get value of this license plate and store it in a DB.

Is quite clear?

You can write Lua SIP Normalization scripts to modify the headers but this can't add contextual information from CCX. It's just there to manipulate the SIP traffic for compatibility reasons.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

is it possible to pass a dynamic variable(such as license plate)into this script?

You can pass numeric strings through DTMF events once the call is connected. Other than that you would need the script to get the data using one of the options listed in my first answer.

Hi Jonathan,

i don't want that customers digit their license plate,i'd like to pass this info for example in the From field in SIP signaling.

Is it possibile?