Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 10 Post Call Survey didn't work

roydianton90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have PCCE 10 here and need to implement automatic post call survey feature which is after call ended, call will automatically transfered to post call survey application. I follow the document refer to PCCE 10 feature guide but still error. Below is summary I've configured :

• user.microapp.isPostCallSurvey = y
  • create icm script
  • create post call survey script ( cvp call studio )
  • create dialed number ( internal ) for icm script
  • create dialed number ( external ) for cvp script
  • create cti rp for both of internal and external script

I already test with manual post call survey and work well. The problem is using automatic post call. It's mean call cannot invoke post call app after agent hang up the call.  I got little bit confuse about how to verify and get some log for this problem. Appreciated your help.

Thank you,

Roy

24 Replies 24

Hi Jameson,

I already uncheck the other option in CVP dialed number, only enable post call survey on there.  Let me break down the configuration so far and correct me.

• I have 2 script. first with icm dialed number 855 is icm script, which is script route to agent, routing type internal, and i give calltype name calltype1.
  • second script is routing script , which is should invoke after agent hang up. icm dialed number is 856,routing type external and i give calltype name calltype2
  • Then, I create dialed number 855 in cpv oamp, enable post call survey and put 856 in there.
  • user.microapp.isPostCallSurvey = y

Do you have any idea from my configuration above? After agent hang up the call, it's still not transfer to pcs script. Thank you.

Roy

Roy,

Is your original call originating through CVP, or through a CTI Route Point? If its originating through a CTI Route Point, I don't think it's going to work.

To get this to work with CUCM as the origination, you would need to change the path into ICM... so instead of:
CUCM->ICM (CTI Route Point)->Send To VRU(to CUCM Route Pattern)->CVP->ICM
you would have something like:
CUCM->CVP(through CUCM Route Pattern to CVP Trunk)->ICM

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

It's originating by CVP. I don't use CTI RP in this scenarion. As you mention in the above that no configuration need in CUCM, and in document also no mention about configuration in CUCM.

Something wrong here in CVP to ICM or vice versa because after agent hang up the calls, nothing happen(post call survey script didn't invoke ).

Any other advice ?

Thank you,

Roy

Roy,

Check the Router Log Viewer in ICM, and see if there are any call route request errors that look like your second DN. If there are errors like this, then your ICM DN configuration has something wrong with it. If there are no errors in Router Log Viewer, then we will have to dig further in CVP.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Back to your advice previously about call originator which is ICM should as originator, right? I forgot to say that I still have CTI route point in call manager which is my DN for routing to agent. Do you think that  it's mean CTI RP as originator in my scenario? I check router log and there is no error about route request, but unfortunately I didn't find my second DN in router log. Do you have any idea? Please advice.

Thank you,

Roy

Roy,

If that CTI Route Point is where the first call enters ICM, then CVP Post Call Survey isn't going to work. The call has to come into ICM through CVP, so you can only do one of the following call flows:

• Voice Gateway -> CVP -> ICM
  • CUCM -> Route Pattern to CVP Trunk -> CVP -> ICM

CUCM -> CTI RP -> ICM   does not pass the original call through CVP, and so won't ever match the PCS rules in CVP.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Roy,

If you are confident that configuration is correct, then your next steps is to look into the logs. CVP log is the starting place. I'm not sure how familiar you are looking into CVP logs, here is what you should look for:

1. Identify where Agent leg is getting disconnected.

2. Right after the Agent leg disconnect, CVP waits for the Post Call Survey to kick in. If CVP doesn't find any match with the Dialed Number, it should clearly indicate in the logs. If you see no match, then go back your configuration. You may have configured in CVP OAMP, but not deployed properly.

3. If you see that Post Call Survey is matched and invoked, then continue to the logs to see what happened to the request to the ICM. From this point, CVPs responsibility is complete to invoke post call survey. Then it just become any other call sent to ICM. So, you need to check how ICM is configured once post call survey is invoked.

Let me know how if you need further help.

Abu

Hi Abu,

I am not familiar with cvp log but I tried to read it carefully. First, I checked log from router, I see my first DN which is my script route to agent. But, I don't see my second DN which is post call script. It's look like that DN for post call is not invoke because no one triggered it. Do you have idea?

Thank you,

Roy

Hi Roy,

There are many reason that you may not see the Post Call Survey DN in the Router log. One could be, CVP is not triggering it. It could be, you haven't configured any number on ICM router so PG is rejecting it. The best place would be to look at CVP logs. If you can make a single test call (make sure no other calls are there during the test), collect the logs and send over to me with ANI,DNIS and Agent Ext. I can quickly review to make sure CVP is doing the right thing. Screen shot of the configuration may require later.

Abu

southbaseline
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roy,

You probably completed your PCS project. I am about to implement this in our environment and I don't have much experience in Call Studio. Can you give me some basic steps on how to create a Call Studio script for PCS?

I do really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

SB