Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE to UCCE Migration

Hi,

We have a working PCCE but we are about to exceed the 1000 agent limit for PCCE.

Is there any type of documentation on how to migrate PCCE to UCCE?

Thank you

8 Replies 8

The first time I saw PCCE I thought to myself, how long it would be before I saw someone with this issue.  Sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I'm curious how long did it take you to outgrow PCCE?

david

Hi,

Well we started with 650 agents, then the CC consolidation began and we are about to reach the 1100 agt mark.

Its going to take about 6 months to exceed the 1000 agt limit.

Wow, that is quick, the worst part is going to be the additional hardware you're going to have to buy.  Best of luck.

david

Yes, we are working on sizing the servers, but we need a migration workflow or something similar because there are a lot of question about VM re-usability

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

as per my understanding, PCCE and UCCE are considered 2 different systems.. so you might not find a proper migration procedure... also, from licensing perspective, those are 2 different things, so ull need to check with Cisco AM or SE on how this can work...

technically, both are the same.. so, it would work just using the same database... you'll still need to buy new hardware and change the design to become ucce

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Well, according to Cisco SE,  the licenses work with UCCE and at a software level it is the same software.

The question is: move the VM from one UCS to another, add the aditional VM and keep the same DB?  Or redeploy all VM and keep the same DB?

Since Cisco doesn't have a migration procedure established and only that is supported. If I ask for TAC support, will they help?

Its kind of a grey area with cisco on this ussue.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

i understand licenses would work.. i meant when buying licenses, pcce have different part numbers than ucce.. dont know if u can combine both, or if you could buy pcce and deploy on ucce and vice versa...

my personal recommendation would be to re-deploy all components again.. for the logger database, take backup and restore it on the new system.. if you dont need the current historical data, you can just export the configuration and import it on the new system using icmdba

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thank you for your comments, I'll take them under consideration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: