Peripheral Gateway Instances

mak_1983.
Level 1
Level 1

Can i Use a single PG to connect to Avaya ACD, CCM, and IVR. ie

Avaya ACD through PIM instance1

CCM through PIM instance2

and IVR through PIM instance3.

All the PIM instance belongs to the same PG.

4 Replies 4

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think that there is no porblem, but it is better that you install the Avaya PG in one PG instance and the CCM/IVR in other PG instance.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

A PG, under the same customer instance, can only have a single ACD PIM type combined with VRU - e.g. CCM and IVR, Avaya and IVR, Symposium and IVR. The best solution is to install 2 PGs, so PG1 is PIM1 CCM and PIM2 IVR and PG2 is PIM1 Avaya. Two different ACD type (e.g. CCM and Avaya) on the same PG is not allowed.

Adding another Customer Instance (on the left hand side on the first screen in ICM Setup) is not a viable solution.

/Jeff

Hi,

I think that I have got to note that you can try to install two different PGs in the same machines only for testing purpouses, not for a production system.

I had got to do that configuration for a customer to show the ICM capabilities with a CallManager and an Avaya Definity. For hardware limitations, I only had got one machine to install the full system, and I got it, but with a lot of work.

Apologies for not specifying the use of this architecture in a lab enviroment.

Regards,

Juan Luis

You can have upto 80 PG's operating via a single instance of ICM. However you can only operate 2 different types of PIM regardless of the number of PG's.

Eg - a Generic PG runs both IPIVR and CCM PIMs so you can't add an avaya, aspect etc but you could add a further CCM or IPIVR.

This is true in a lab or production environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: