Views
Helpful
Replies

Permit the Supervisor change the Day and Hour

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the better way to permit the supervisor determine what time or what day the agents will be available to answer calls ?

The normal schedulle in my Contact Center is 08:00 to 17:00 in the weekdays, but the supervisor wanna have the available to change that in some days or in some weekends. Some options I think I could resolve this problem:

1) The script read a XML document edited by the Supervisor with Datas and Times

2) The Supervisor enters the days and time using Parameters in the CRS Application Page

3) Another one ???

Thanks in Advanced

Andre Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

I have done something similar for our contact centres which want to open on occasional weekends. Basically, I have a script which can close the contact centre (e.g. for emergencies) or open the contact centre outside the 'programmed' times. The script manipulates an XML file which contains a variable which is set to "normal", "open" or "closed".

This may be an easier approach rather than trying to code the exceptions in, for example, an XML file or DB.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

I have done something similar for our contact centres which want to open on occasional weekends. Basically, I have a script which can close the contact centre (e.g. for emergencies) or open the contact centre outside the 'programmed' times. The script manipulates an XML file which contains a variable which is set to "normal", "open" or "closed".

This may be an easier approach rather than trying to code the exceptions in, for example, an XML file or DB.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply and for your tip.

Is possible for you share the script and the xml file that you used in our contact center.

Anyway, tkanks a lot again

Andre Lomonaco

Attached is the script, the XML file and the verbiage associated with the prompts referenced in the script. It was written for IPCCX 3.5. IPCCX 4.0 should, ideally, store the files in the repository rather than a specific disk path, so they're available to all members of an HA cluster.

The script does a bit more than just setting one variable. Firstly, it announces the current status, and then provides options to "open", "close" or set to "normal" depending on the current state. A change of state can also send an e-mail (including the CLI of the phone used to make the call to the maintenance application; the supervisor can manage the contact centre remotely). PIN protection is also included to limit access to authorised users.

There is also an option to record a "message of the day" and toggle the status of this message of the day. This is another variable is the same XML file. A flag was used to workaround the inability to delete a file (the MoTD .wav file), though it could be replaced with a short "silence" file, but the ability to turn the MoTD on and off is quite useful.

If the XML file doesn't exist, one is created from the template XML file using defaults.

The main contact centre script then reads this XML file and effectively bypasses the programmed time-of-day/day-of-week settings.

Please rate useful posts.

Hello Matthew,

I just tried using the script that you provided just using the email part, and it didn't work. We currently have IPCC Express 4.0(4) Enhanced and it seems like this version doesn't support email where as the Premium version does. Do you know of any other ways we can send emails to Managers within scripts with the Enhanced version of IPCC Express?

Thanks,

Joe M.

The e-mail generation functionality is supported in IPCC Express Premium. Enhanced only includes Basic IVR ports, so you do not get e-mail generation, HTTP triggers or DB connectivity (amongst others). I can't immediately see a way to source an e-mail from IPCCX Enhanced.

Hi,

The attachments have expired, please repost.

PK

afumar
Level 1
Level 1

i've done this by creating another script to manipulate my "Global.user_xx_closed" variable set in the administrative script, It's usually set to "1" on non-business hour.

with the script mapped to a call type and a dialed number, the supervisor calls the dn and will be prompted either to operate in open or close mode. if you want to open on weekend open mode will flip the bit from 1 to 0.

good luck.

Alot of good ideas here I've used most of these but what I've found more often is that Supervisors want a more automatic approach to whether it's within business hours, an agent is working outside the normal hours or an emergency forces them to close so they need to route calls to vm quickly.

Prior to my Select sections, I create a 'Get Reporting Statistic' and a variable that will check to see how many agents are logged-in. Then in the CSQ section prior to selecting a resource, I have an IF statement that checks my LoggedInAgents variable to see if it is >= '0'. If it is False, I send it to a prompt that states the normal business hours and they leave a message. If it is True, they get routed to the proper CSQ. I also have this IF statement in the queueloop so if an agent is working past his/her scheduled shift but they are on a call, they can log off after that call and the call in the queue will not be stuck in the queue, it will get MoH for 30sec. and then get the NoAgentsLoggedIn prompt.

Hope this helps.

Luke

Thanks for the info, Luke. How do you handle when an agent forgets to logout of the queue before leaving for the day? Also, can you post a copy of your script?

Thanks,

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: