Views
Helpful
Replies

persistent variable table size

f.lemieux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I looked at my table size on my logger. The table t_Persistent_Variable have 16 only 16 row but take 475Mb of the database. I do a SELECT to check the data and I'm sure that those 16 row cannot occupied 475Mb of the databas. Is there something that I can do to clean some space from that particular table.

Regards

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The Persistent Variable table is unlike the other historical tables. The other tables have date/time entries that indicate historical data. Persistent Variable, on the other hand, only contains one record for each variable that is persisted, which contains the current value. The PV table may be updated frequently, depending on the usage of the variables. The frequent updates may cause fragmentation, which could possibly be the cause of the table taking up a lot of space. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\li102\LoggerA\Recovery\CurrentVersion\Purge\Retain\Variables\Persistent could be reduced from 30 to lesser days if the data being populated is too frequent.

That's really useful info. Thanks.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: